Home | Reviews | Camera Cases | Backpacks | F-Stop

F-Stop Satori Backpacks

5/5 (4 Reviews)

The Satori is F-Stop's ultimate expedition camera pack. No matter where you go and what the conditions, this pack was designed to keep your gear safe. It's huge, holds tons of stuff and the removable ICU makes it really versatile. Comes with XLarge "ICU" removable camera compartment – (7.5” Deep x 11” Wide x 19” Tall)
  • Internal padded Laptop Sleeve fits up to a 17” laptop
  • Contructed of rip stop nylon and high density foam
  • Full sized hip belt, padded shoulder straps, and adjustable sternum strap
  • Internal metal Frame for support carrying heavy loads
  • Numerous, Large external pockets and straps fit tripod, snow shovel, snowboard, skis, etc.

Submitted by Long Nguyen a Expert

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2012

Strengths:    - Comfortable
    - Lots of room
    - Laptop sleeve
    - Fits in aircraft over head bins
    - strong side pockets for tripods and light stands
    - room for everything including food and water.

Weaknesses:    None

Bottom Line:
    Over the years I have purchased and used many different kinds of camera bags (Dakine, Low Pro, Tamrac, Burton). I discovered F-Stop a few years ago and it was game changing. I am a adventure sports photographer, which means I do a ton of hiking in the middle of no where and endure rough conditions.

With all the other bags they never seem to fit comfortable on my back and when they did they didn't have enough volume for all my gear. It seen to be a never ending battle. When I discovered F-Stop I sold my camera bags and picked up a Satori. Ever since then I am a true believer in F-Stop. It fits comfortable and has plenty of room to bring everything I need. The best part of the bag is that it is still small enough to fit in over head bins of airplanes (international and domestic).

If you have a ton of gear I would recommend the Satori. But if you still go on long adventures and don't have to bring a ton a gear I would recommend the Loka. The price is far and you do you get your money's worth.

Purchased At:   http://fstopgear.com

Similar Products Used:   Dakine Misson Bag, Dakine Reload Bag, Burton Zoon Back Pack, Tamrac Expedition 5 & 7, Low Pro Vertex

Submitted by PatBranch a Professional

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2011

Strengths:    - carries well

- laptop sleeve

- holds cameras and lenses well

- snow shovel pocket with drain hole

- fits in an airplane overhead compartment

- backflap pockets are good for cards and batteries

- side pockets hold lightstands, tripods, umbrellas, bottles

- sturdy waist strap with pocket for a point and shoot or business cards

- camera compartment opens from the back so you can take it off, lay it down and open it quickly.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    This backpack carries really well for the amount of stuff I put in it, which makes it perfect for riding a bike or snowboard to the spot with a lot of gear. The ICU makes it easy to organize camera gear so it's well protected. I've actually crashed my bike 3 times wearing it with a full load and it's all been fine... I've had it fit in every airplane overhead compartment I've stuff it into. When I've traveled with tripods and umbrellas in the pockets, I took them out and put them in the overhead compartment separately. If you're traveling with a snow shovel, put the shovel blade and shaft in a checked bag. It would make it hard to fit in an overhead compartment and TSA would most likely have an issue with it in a carry on bag.

I have the X-Large ICU and I usually have 4 Vivitar 285 flashes, 5 pocket wizards, 2 short wide angle lenses sitting vertically, a wireless remote and other cords in one part and the camera with a 70-200 2.8 on it. There's a spot for one more small lens to sit vertically, which I'm using for batteries and other random stuff.

Purchased At:   fstopgear.com

Similar Products Used:   - Fstop Tilopa

- Dakine Sequence

- Tamrac Adventure 9

- Lowepro Orion AW

Submitted by paulhailes a Expert

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2010

Strengths:    Great ICU
    Ingenious pack design, looks more like a backpacking bag then a camera bag
    Lots of pockets
    Comfortable waist and shoulder straps
    Plenty of molle attachment points

Weaknesses:    Velcro cloth is not on both sides of ICU divider inserts.

Bottom Line:
    If you are looking for a photo bag to take into the backcountry then look no further, this pack is ideal for hiking, climbing or anything else you can think of. The pack comes with an X-Large ICU, which allows you to carry all of your camera gear with you. If you want to carry more personal gear and less camera gear then you can change out the ICU for a smaller one that can be purchased separately from F-Stop Gear.

Purchased At:   F-Stop Gear

Similar Products Used:   Crumpler Whickey and Cox

Submitted by Jon Thorpe a Professional

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2010

Strengths:    Great [solid] construction.
    Light weight.
    Holds a decent amount of gear.
    Feels great on the back (good waist and harness)
    Room for snacks.
    Does not look like a camera bag.
    Water resistant zips

Weaknesses:    The white version I have gets pretty dirty. Good thing it now comes in red!

Bottom Line:
    One of the best packs that I own. Period.

This is the bag that I reach for when heading out anywhere vertical.. or anywhere in general. It's light, form fitting, stable, strong, looks good... oh and I almost forgot that it's a camera bag! I actually use this bag very often for non-photo related gigs, just because it fits so well. But when I am shooting and need a pack to carry the goods in hostile terrain, there ain't nothing better then this cheddar.

I have the original version (this newer version has a larger ICU) and the one I have easily holds a D3, 70-200 2.8, two SB800 flashes, 24-70 2.8, Pocket Wizards and a few other odds and ends, which is usually all I need. The newer version holds even more.

After two years of above average use, this pack us unscathed. The materials are bomb proof and construction tight. The waterproof zips are a nice touch as well. Webbing on the back is great for lashing on climbing gear and a short haul line.

If you are a photographer who likes playing in the great outdoors, F-Stop has some pretty cool gear for you to check out. A small company making some awesome product aimed squarely at the outdoor segment.

Purchased At:   fstopgear.com

Similar Products Used:   Lowe Pro, Tenba, Arcteryx, Gregory packs and many others...