Home | Reviews | Camera Cases | Backpacks | Lowepro

Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 Backpacks

4.11/5 (9 Reviews)

• BrandLowepro

All the features of the Mini Trekker (except the tripod holder) packed into a more compact size. Takes a SLR with attached 80 - 200/f2.8 lens, plus your choice of additional equipment: 4 lenses or an extra body or a flash. The Micro Trekker 200 is crammed with features: large outer pocket, adjustable harness and SlipLock loops for extra pouches.

Submitted by Sean Lincoln a Expert

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2010

Strengths:    Size layout

Weaknesses:    Zipper poor, quality of construction.

Bottom Line:
This is actually a 2 item review one very good the other very bad. I purchased a Lowepro pro runner 200 as i was going to be climbing around some volcanic islands while shooting seascapes for my office, yes it's an excuse to get out of the rain and go to a tropical paradise. I purchased a lowepro pro runner to carry my small camera a Canon 5d mk ll. One day 2 while climbing down a steep path the zipper split open and my camera fell out onto the very hard vocanic rock breaking a neutral density filter but with no other apparent damage. The camera and lens worked fine A testament to Canons wonderful design and construction. I bought a nylon belt to keep the zipper closed for the rest of the trip. I am returning the pro runner. I am going to get the body and the lens checked out but it seems to be fine.

Purchased At:   pro photo

Similar Products Used:   older large Lowepro pack

Submitted by luvtotakeaphotograph a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2005

Strengths:    Nothing that other similar packs don't also have. It has velcroed dividers, a pretty decent outer pocket (very roomy) with some pockets, a couple of smaller pockets on the outside.

Weaknesses:    I think the shoulder harness system and waistbelt could be improved. I suspect that if you were to load this thing down with some heavy fast zooms it might get a little uncomfortable. I haven't done this, though, and have generally been satisfied with this little guy.

Bottom Line:
Generally a decent pack. It all depends on how much you want to carry. I don't have any fast zooms (which tend to be heavy) or anything else which is all that heavy. Therefore this little pack works pretty well for me. It could hold a couple of bodies if you don't have any really big lenses. The interior seems to be designed pretty well with velcro dividers. The outer pocket is pretty roomy too....there's a place for a good many filters and other items.

Overall it's a nice little pack.

Purchased At:   B&H

Similar Products Used:   Couple of shoulder bags.

Submitted by Ernest T a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2005

Strengths:    Well built, plenty of padding, good quality for money, internal and external pockets for small items.

Weaknesses:    A little uncomfortable fully loaded for long hikes.

Bottom Line:
I got my Micro Trekker 200 used in excellent condition from B&H Photo. I can load my Nikon D70, 18-70 DX lens, 70-200 VR lens, 70-210 lens, SB800 flash, 1.7 TCII teleconverter, plus spare battery, charger, filters, cards, cleaning supplies, etc., in this bag. I recently took the bag on a trip that included 6 national parks to include Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, etc.. I did a lot of hiking with the bag fully loaded. The bag is sturdy and held up well. It will protect your gear from minor bumps. As a backpack, the comfort level is OK, but if you are used to custom fit internal frame backpack you may be somewhat disappointed for long treks. The chest strap is a little too high for me, and I didn't feel that I could get the pack high enouth on my shoulders for maximum comfort. The bag has an external tie to hold a tripod, but I didn't take one with me.

Purchased At:   B&H Photo

Submitted by lukejt a Beginner

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Strengths:    Great quality, pockets, tripod straps, zippers, looks nice and low key.

Weaknesses:    Strange strap geometry. Not enough adjustment in straps. Bag looks way too small when worn on large adults.

Bottom Line:
I just wanted to let all you big guys out there know to pass on this bag (you know who you are ; ). I read the reviews and even looked at this bag at the camera shop before ordering one from Ebay. Yeah, I saw how some of the other reviewers mentioned that the chest strap was a little high and that they couldn't use the waist strap. I wasn't planning on using these anyway.

I wanted a smaller bag for several reasons. I've got some bigger bags for video gear. What sometimes happens is that because the video gear bags are so big and heavy, they are often left at home. I figured this is a nice small bag that can carry enough gear and go with me where I need it. Also, larger bags invite more and more junk to be stuffed in them until they get so heavy you can't comfortably carry them for any length of time. Lastly, I wanted a bag that looked like a regular backpack so as not to draw unwanted attention.

I've got two major gripes with this bag. First, it looks like I'm wearing my 4 year olds book Bob the Builder bag. My fault for not trying it on at the store first. Something to be said for paying retail and supporting the local camera shop. It's just way to small for my 6'2" 240lb frame. Also, the straps just do not work for me. I just cannot get the bag to fit comfortably on my back. Something about the geometry of the straps. If I don't have it mounted very high on my back, the straps run out of padding. Where I'd like to wear it just won't work. It's not even close.

No for the good. The construction is very nice. Good amount of pockets, nice storage area and I like the tripod carrying method over the larger Lowepro bags. I really wanted to like this bag, but I can't. My wife likes it, but she's not going to be the one carrying it. It's back to Ebay where maybe somebody else can fall in love with it.

Purchased At:   Ebay