Home | Reviews | Camera Cases | Hard Case | Pelican Products

Pelican Products 1620 Case Hard Case

5/5 (1 Reviews)

The new #1620 Case is watertight, airtight, dustproof, crushproof, and built Pelican tough! The #1620 Case is equipped with rubber wheels and retractable extension handle. The extra deep case can be customized with two tiers of modular padded dividers or pick 'n pluck foam for total equipment protection. 24 3/4"Lx19 7/16"Wx14"

Submitted by Forrest a Mountaineer

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
There really is no substitution for a Pelican Case in the backcountry... I use my 1620 for extended trips... It allows me to fit all my camera equipment in one case.. I do have a few smaller cases that I'll take when climbing.... It really is a great case if your going to have a base camp... There is a spot we camp in Tahoe during Winter that is not too far off the road. We usually stay for a few days so I can take a couple trips back to the car for extra gear. It's really great during winter because the moisture can't get in. There is a seal that cannot be broken. These things are so tough, I can't tell you how many times I've dropped mine or slammed the trunk on it... I travel a ton so the 1620 is great for those days when you can't carry on... Just check it in and forget about it... It locks down and is air tight. You don't have to worry about your cargo in one of these cases. I've started to use my case for things other than camera gear. I use it for my fishing reels when I go up to Canada... It is a great place to fit all my reels... You can put your rack in there to if your going on a climbing trip... You won't have to worry about your cams getting smashed.