Home | Reviews | Camera Cases | Soft Case | BlackRapid

BlackRapid RS-5 Soft Case

5/5 (1 Reviews)

The RS-5 is a brilliant companion for those who require extra storage. It combines zippered pockets with a phone compartment roomy enough to accommodate even larger smart phones. A magnetic clasp opens silently for noise-sensitive situations. Even fully loaded, the RS-5 will dominate any shootout. The R-Strap is the most innovative camera strap ever to hit the market.This patent-pending piece of equipment offers unparalleled ease of access to your camera and peace of mind. The R-Strap is worn diagonally across the torso from shoulder to hip and is adjustable to fit most photographers.The pad has a mesh underside for comfort and breathability. Our locking FastenR connects the R-Strap to the tripod socket located on either the camera body or the lens.Once connected, the camera hangs upside down, resting securely at your side or in the small of your back, with the lens pointing behind you.

Submitted by Kokopeli a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2011

Strengths:    Comfortable, ergonomic design
Can be used over the shoulder or across the chest
Camera rests in a natural position
No loud velcro closures
Faster on the draw than Billy the Kid

Weaknesses:    The phone pouch is too small for my Droid (so I use it for carrying a lens pen and a few other items)
The price is a bit scary, but worth every penny

Bottom Line:
Having always used the basic Tamrac camera straps and loving them, I was very apprehensive when I clicked the "purchase" button at the B4H check out screen. I mean, I went from paying less than $20 for a nice strap with padding, one that has been time tested and proven and the phrase "durable" is an understatement (I've never had one wear out in over 20+ years of use) to paying $65 bucks for a strap I've never heard of based on the review of a complete stranger. Was I nuts? As it turns out, I made the right choice. The RS-5 is awesome. The design allows the camera to rest in a very comfortable and natural manner. The strap can be adjusted to wear over the shoulder or across the chest for added security. And then there's my favorite part about this strap system.. When grabbing my camera body and raising it to shooting position the action is so smooth and fast. It makes me feel like a gun slinger from one of Louis Lamore's westerns. Just call me Hondo. ;)

There are other nice features to the strap as well. It is very comfortable and includes two zippered pouches and one "phone" pouch. There is no velcro on the strap at all. All closures are either zippered or magnetic.

I highly recommend giving this strap a try. I guarantee you won't regret it.

Purchased At:   B&H Photo