Home | Reviews | Camera Cases | Soft Case | BlackRapid

BlackRapid RS-7 Soft Case

5 star rating
                      5 / 5 (1 Reviews)

The RS-7 is specially designed to work with Black Rapid’s MODS system. It features attachment points so you can customize your strap with your choice of storage and other features. It’s constructed of ballistic nylon for extreme durability. With the RS-7, ergonomics are key. It’s designed and shaped to fit perfectly around your shoulder. The weight of your camera is evenly distributed for the ultimate in comfort. Built for speed, for when timing is everything. The R-Strap is the most innovative camera strap ever to hit the market.This patent-pending piece of equipment offers unparalleled ease of access to your camera and peace of mind.

Submitted by Footski a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable.
Secure.
Simple to use.
High quality materials

Weaknesses:    Price can be high.

Bottom Line:
Camera straps have always been a nuisance to me. Do I leave them off and have the camera in my hand all the time, not to mention the risk of dropping it, or do I have the camera bouncing around my chest getting in the way when not in use. My brother recommended this strap to me, but I was put off by the price, until by special offer, I was able to buy it from Amazon for 17.99 sterling, including delivery.

It was to be used with my Nikon D7000 and a variety of lenses.

I bought it and having used it now many times, can say without a doubt, that I would happily have paid the full price for it.

Comfortable to wear with it's broad and soft shoulder pad, the strap is very easily adjusted. Simply screw the unit to the bottom of your DSLR, via the tripod mount and let it hang by your side. You choose whether it hangs towards the front of your body or towards your rear end. The position is simply adjusted via two locking sliders on the strap. When not in use, I tend to lock it so the camera hangs slightly to my rear and is out of the way.

I really do find that in this position the camera does not get in your way at all. Move the slider slightly to reposition the camera into the right position for use. It really is as simple as that. The camera can be picked up very quickly to the eye, the strap simply slides over your shoulder, returning to it's normal position when the camera is 'put down' again.

In terms of storage space, this strap offers little, just a small place to put the viewfinder cover or an SD card, but other models in the range do offer more in that direction.

Whether you are professional or just a keen amateur, if you carry a DSLR around for ant length of time, you will not go wrong if you buy this strap, or one of the others that are available

Purchased At:   Amazon.co.uk