Home | Reviews | Camera Cases | Soft Case | Tamrac

• TypeCarrying Accessories
    BrandTamrac
    MPN561201
    UPC23554017768

Designed for the photographer who has to bring everything. The largest of the Tamrac 5000 Series pro camera bags, the Pro 12 will hold two cameras with attached lenses and many more lenses and accessories. Foam-padded main compartment with patented Lens-Bridge® and LensGate® divider system. Dual Action Top™ with quick-access Easy Squeeze™ buckles and internal zipper for extra protection. A Windowpane-Mesh pocket inside the top holds extra film.

Submitted by pontifex bmp a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2004

Strengths:    -very strong build
-holds everything
-orginzed
-lenses are well protected
-feels nice on shoulder

Weaknesses:    hmm.... moving the lense dividers is hard to get us to (meh.. u get use to it)

Bottom Line:
I used to use a cheap little genaric case, but now upgrade to the tamrac. I have no regrets about buying it fits everything extremly well. the bag is very strong and protects your lenses vey nicely. it can fit eveything i have manged to put all my lenses for a old (25 years) minolta slr and a Elan 2e. with both thoso camera and lenses i sill have room to put my olympus C-740. the "digitally equipped" side pockets are very handy for orginizing and carrying/orginizing batteries & memerty cards.

Purchased At:   B&H photo

Similar Products Used:   case logic stuff / gaget bags

Submitted by Lthlwpn1979 a Intermediate from Des Moines, IA

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2003

Strengths:    Holds EVERYTHING!
Helps to give that pro look

Weaknesses:    Me thinks me got overcharged. I don't blame Tamrac

Bottom Line:
I wanted to get a camera bag that can carry everything and I got it. It took a while to find a bag that can handle my Sigma 170-500 and other goodies. Heres an idea of what it can hold.

2 SLR bodies and an Advantix
2 standard, 1 wide angle, 3 telephoto lenses and 1 doubler
Flash
As many filters and film rolls as I want.
Tripod straps on somewhat easily.

It is a bit of a pain to have all that weight in one bag, but it's better to have that one instead of two camera bags and a lens case. It hold together pretty well.

Purchased At:   Christian Photo

Similar Products Used:   Tamrac Adventure 5

Submitted by avm247 a Casual

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2003

Strengths:    Lots of storage space, well laid out.
Good padding for lens/body protection.
Very comfortable shoulder strap.
Holds my film and digital gear.
Lots of clips and zippers for protection.

Weaknesses:    Big bag means lots of weight.

Main compartment is deep, small prime lenses are hard to access unless you epoxy two rear caps together to make them taller.

Bottom Line:
Big bag, carries lots of gear. Amazing how much it really holds. I got the older non-digital model, but still a great bag.

Purchased At:   private transaction

Similar Products Used:   Out grew a Lowepro Nova 4 - but will keep it around for "light" days.

Submitted by rds801 a Professional from Vanocuver, WA

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2003

Strengths:    Holds all my gear that I need to take out into the field with me. Seems to be pretty well put together. And I got it for an awewsome price...$75.00 brand new!!!!

Weaknesses:    Too many empty compartments. I will have to buy more stuff to fill them. ;-)

Bottom Line:
Just got this bag over the weekend and I love it. I was on my way to a shoot when it arrived in the mail. I put my gear in it right away. Holds both my camera bodies (with grips) and all my lenses(even my Canon 80-200 2.8L). I was using a small Tamrac bag that just didn't cut it for me. I actually had 2 bags, one for each camera....what a pain.

Purchased At:   Photococan (on ebay)