Home | Reviews | Cameras | Camcorders | Digital Camcorders | JVC

1 / 5 (2 Reviews)

• Sensor: 1/3.8-inch 1.02 Megapixel CCD
  • Lens: 10X f/1.23 Optical w. 200X Digital Zoom
  • 2.5" Color LCD
  • HG Digital Stills (1280x960/1024x768/640x480) w. removable media (SD Card and MultiMedia Cards)
  • Digital Image Stabilizer
  • USB, Firewire, and S-Video output

Submitted by AKJ a Casual from Syracuse, UT

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2003

Strengths:    None' that I was able tell, but I was not able to use the camera long enough to find out! I bought for the features it came with but never got to use.

Weaknesses:    Sound could be better on the unit. The zoom in and out should not have been placed on the outside deck mechanism. Each time the zoom is used the outside deck opens some. Could have been better video.

Bottom Line:
    The camera work Great for about the first 20 minutes worth of use. After that, completely useless! The camera constantly puts itself in a "Safe Mode" and will not allow to record. I paid too much if my hard-earned money for this useless garbage. I WILL NOT buy ANY JVC product again!

Total use time has been less than 6 hours! It has been repaired twice and still problem persists!

Similar Products Used:   Canon, Sony, Panasonic

Submitted by jsimpson a Casual from South Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2003

Strengths:    small size

Weaknesses:    Did not work, had clean head message every time it was used. Never finished a tape with out the message.

Bottom Line:
    The JVC GR-DVM96U mini digital camcorder had problems from the first time I used it. JVC factory service and customer service could not and would not resolve the problem. I contacted Buydig.com and they resolved the problem quickly to my satisfaction, even moreso than I could reasonably have expected. I recommend Buydig.com, but would never again buy a JVC product.

Purchased At:   Buydig.com

Similar Products Used:   Canon, Panasonic, Sony.