Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | 3 Megapixels and Smaller | AOL

AOL PhotoCam 3 Megapixels and Smaller

Submitted by Colesta Jackson a Casual

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2006

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    The camera in itself is a weakness.

Bottom Line:
The camera is a fair product at best. It did not come with a memory card and tech support was not helpful at all. I would not recommend the AOL PhotoCam Plus to anyone. The photos I took were grainy. The only photos I have taken with this camera were evidence of a home invasion. The photos weren't good quality. I have had this camera in my posession for at least 5 years and it simply sits on a shelf collecting dust.

Purchased At:   Computer Fair

Submitted by charles nasso a Casual

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
since i have this camera, the lcd stays lit and kills batteries, i have talked to the support at pretec and i was told to remove the batteries, thats no way to run a company

Purchased At:   aol on line

Submitted by HPauko a Casual

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2006

Strengths:    Good pictures, easy to use, great starter camera for the kids

Weaknesses:    Camera is sort of big, Battery latch design, no zoom

Bottom Line:
I took a few pictures with this camera and it seemed to have good quality. But, as soon as i tried to replace the batteries, the compartment latch broke. I've tried to fix the problem with zip ties and velcro, but with no success. I cannot get the latch to stay closed tight enough for the batteries to work unless i hold it myself. A big pain. I was wondering if anyone has had the latch repaired and if so how much did it cost or do you need to replace the whole camera?

Similar Products Used:   Just bought a HP Photosmart R717, I used it on vacation, So far I love it. It takes great pictures, easy to use and has many great features. Cost about $250.

Submitted by nsDavidSaddler a Expert

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2004

Strengths:    This camera has no strengths.

Weaknesses:    The battery compartment on this camera pops open unexpectedly. I have to put tape on it to make sure it doesn't happen when I use it.

Bottom Line:
The AOL Photocam Plus is, at best, a mediocre digital camera. I believe the person who bought it for me paid at least $150 for it. At the time it was purchased, there were other digital cameras available that, for about the same price, had significantly better picture quality.

Submitted by susan cuzzort a Casual

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Strengths:    Easy to use
great pictures

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I love love this camera.However I have a problem since I got a new computer I dont have the cd to download the program so I can view the pics If someone has any ideas please let me know. also where can I get a memory stick to fit this

Purchased At:   on aol