Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | 3 Megapixels and Smaller | Casio

MPNQV-200
    Product ID1956

Submitted by prometheus- a Intermediate from Germany

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2003

Strengths:    light, LCD, movable lens, zoom on-off in menu/effect mode

Weaknesses:    SERVICE IS FRUSTRATING, battery, price - quality

Bottom Line:
Only with rechargeable batteries !
Guys at the office lost the cable that connects the camera to the PC, the manual and the software.
I contacted Casio Europe a month ago asking for price information and they refused to tell me! They also dont accept orders, only via salespartners who ofcourse pump up the price. However, i ordered the stuff. It has been more than a month already and I still got no news about my order. The product is not even listed in casio-europe.com catalogue, the manuals and software are not traceable.
Salesman in the store wanted 20 € pre-payed for a little cable worth less than 2 €. I am frustrated coz with little more bucks I could have a pentax.
About the light and colours mentioned above, you can adjust the light with the + & - buttons.

Purchased At:   Athens-Greece

Submitted by pifpaf2001 a Beginner from pakisatn

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
i buy casio casio qv 200 lcd digital camera aout month ago. it is a nice camera. but it have a probel with AA size batteries. it only taking a 15 or 20 pics and its screen continuos play abt 5 minutes after 5 minutes i have 2 change the batteries otherwise the camera is good.

Purchased At:   quetta

Submitted by Carroll Caine a Intermediate from Decatur, IL, USA

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2001

Strengths:    Neat package

Weaknesses:    Terriable quality photos - next to worthless.

Bottom Line:
My experience with the Casio QV 200 digital camera was one of disappointment. While the camera was a neat package and had appeal in that respect, the quality of the photos was deploriable. The resolution was very poor. The photos were not sharp - mostly fuzzy and smudgy colors. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave the camera to my daughter to play around with because there was on way you could use it for any kind of serious photography. I have since purchased a Kodak 210 plus and an Epson PhotoPC-850Z. These cameras are more like what I expected from digital photography - especially the Epson 850Z.

Similar Products Used:   Kodak 210 Plus
Epson PhotoPC/850Z

Submitted by Anthony Wilson a Intermediate from Louisville, KY, USA

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2000

Strengths:    Options and video

Weaknesses:    Some image quality problem at higher resolutions

contruction is lightweight.

Bottom Line:
The Canon QV 200 is your best bang for the buck. It has the full manual control you want (and which is sometimes missing in the better digital cams) but also has great easy point and shoot mode. The interface is excellent, selectable f stop, shutter speeds to 16 seconds, widescreen panarama stitching, etc. It even makes short AVI videos.

It uses a USB connection, is IBM Microdrive compatible (340MB of storage!),

Similar Products Used:   None

Submitted by Peggy Sue a Beginner from Sreveport, Louisiana, USA

Date Reviewed: January 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
I had bought this camera in Florida while their with my husband and 4 year old twin daughters. I foolishly trusted the saleperson completly. I took lots of pictures and when I got home I got a wakeup call to reality. ALL of the beautiful memories that where to be passed on to my girls as they grow up was a total disaster. They where out of focus and spotty. I RAN to the nearest store (not the stores falt, so no names) and got a refund and a lot of apologies. (That did not make me feel better) Needless to say I now have a differant camera. It is a MAG. It's not on this list but it's all I can afford for now. I just stared to sale at Ebay auction and needed a camera. It's not very good either. Visit me at my web site to see the pictures.