Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | 6 to 7 Megapixel | Fujifilm

Interchangeable LensNot Interchangeable Lenses
    35mm Zoom Lens38 - 380 mm
    Digital Zoom4.8x
    Focus TypeAutofocus & Manual Focus
    Focus Range12 in. to Infinity (w) / 39.6 in. to Infinity (t)
    Macro Focus Range1.6 - 117.6 in. (w) / 0.4 - 39.6 in. (t)
    Focal Length6.33 - 63.3 mm
    Image Resolutions640 x 480 • 3072 x 2048 • 2304 x 1728 • 1600 x 1200 • 3072 x 2304
    Video Resolutions320 x 240 (QVGA) • 640 x 480 (VGA)
    Video Speed30 fps
    Max Movie LengthWithout Limit (Depends on the camera free memory size)
    Video FormatAVI • Motion JPEG
    Aperture Rangef13.6 (w) - f3.5/f3.7 (w/t)
    Shutter Speed4 - 1/1000 sec
    White BalanceAuto • Manual • Daylight / Sunny (Preset) • Fluorescent (Preset) • Incandescent (Preset) • Shade (Preset)
    Frames Per Second1.4 Frames
    Memory TypeSD Card • xD Picture Card
    Built-in Memory Size27 MB
    Compression TypeJPEG • EXIF 2.2
    File Size (High Res.)0.13 MB (985 images on 128MB card)
    File Size (Low Res.)3.48 MB (about 37 images on 128MB card)
    ISO SpeedsAuto • 100 • 200 • 400 • 800 • 1600 • 64
    Flash TypeBuilt-In
    Flash FunctionsAuto Flash • Red-eye Reduction Flash • Slow Sync
    ViewfinderDigital
    Interface TypeUSB 1.1
    Battery Type4 x AA Batteries
    Self Timer2 Sec. • 10 Sec.
    Height3 in.
    Exterior ColorBlack
    Release DateApril, 2007

The S700 FinePix digital camera from Fujifilm lets you shoot your pictures with confidence, giving you great images with ease and simplicity, rich with details that conventional cameras can miss. Its 7.1MP CCD delivers exceptional image quality, accurate details, smooth, attractive skin tones and true-to-life colors. The S700 features a 10.0X optical zoom with a 35mm focal range equivalent of 38-380mm, bringing your subjects closer and clearer than ever before. Includes AA alkaline batteries (4), shoulder strap, lens cap, lens cap cord, A/V cable, USB cable, CD-ROM (FinePixViewer-S/FinePixViewer) and Owners Manual.

Submitted by stefanie a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2008

Strengths:    good size screen.... good micro (when you can get it to focus.), good on batterys. you can get some pretty nice pictures with it. has good settings for sun set. ect.

Weaknesses:    of corse its not pro.... sometimes the micro wont focus. its not always the best with lighting.

Bottom Line:
Ok I bought this camera as my first digital camera.... Ive always been one for film... now at first I loved the quality of the pictures and the sceen is a great size.... my only problem is now im looking for something a little more pro..... its great and light weight... Is wonderful for snap shots and vacation....but im def. going to need to up grade to get a more pro look soon.

Purchased At:   circut city

Submitted by Fw380 a Casual

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2008

Strengths:    Ease of use, a powerful 10x optical zoom with a 4x digital zoom makes shooting those long range shots a breeze.

Duel Card slot that can accept the SD and XD memory card.

Clear easy view 2.5" LCD display and easy to use menus.

A electronic view finder for that SLR feel.

100% windows XP and Vista compatible.

Weaknesses:    For the family on the go it is a tad bulky and does not fit in the pocket well.

The bundled software is a bit weak.

Standard alkaline batteries (Req 4 AA) don't last long in this camera, 2500mA or higher rechargeable are recommended

Bottom Line:
I got this camera back in August of 07 for a birthday gift. I really enjoy its ease of use. It has settings for any situation and the wide range of ISO (64-1600) means you always have the right setting available for any lighting condition. Over all a good camera. This is a good starter camera for those who like to take professional quality photos but don't wish to pay the price of a full SLR camera.

The programmable settings make it very simple for the beginner and full manual controls make it good for the pro, adding these together in one camera makes it one of the best entry level cameras out there. having 2 fully automatic modes (AUTO & Picture Stabilization) means it had the point and shoot capabilities for the family photographer and the 3 manual modes(Programs auto, aperture & shutter priority as well as full manual means not only can it get those refined professional shots but the beginning user can easily transition form auto to manual by experimenting with these and still have the ability to go back to the auto settings with just a quick twist of the dial.

It also has 2 Natural light modes and 2 special programed modes that can quickly be selected form the thumb dial. a AVI formated movie mode with sound and audio playback on the camera are a handy feature.

I would recommend this camera for the families that wast to capture every precious moment they have. the AF illuminator will insure that even in low light you capture those moments in crystal cleat images.

Purchased At:   Wal-Mart

Submitted by joyjoy a Beginner

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2007

Strengths:    Color, ease of use, tons of setting options.

Weaknesses:    Included software.

Bottom Line:
This camera is great. It takes great pictures with amazing color. Switching from a Canon PowerShot to the Fuji was less difficult than I anticipated. I assumed there would be a steep learning curve using the menus and different features. I was able to pull the camera from the box and get started.

I have no complaints with the camera, the accompanying software leaves a bit to be desired. Outside of that, it is an amazing camera for the price.

Purchased At:   www.dell.com