Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | 8 to 10 Megapixel | Fujifilm

Interchangeable LensNot Interchangeable Lenses
    Digital Zoom5.7x
    Focal Length6.3 - 18.9 mm
    Camera Resolution10 Megapixel
    Image Resolutions640 x 480 • 2592 x 1944 • 2048 x 1536 • 1600 x 1200 • 3648 x 2736 • 3648 x 2432
    Video Resolutions320 x 240 • 640 x 480 (VGA)
    Video FormatAVI • Motion JPEG
    Shutter Speed3 - 1/1000 sec
    White BalanceAuto • Daylight / Sunny (Preset) • Cloudy (Preset) • Fluorescent (Preset) • Incandescent (Preset) • Tungsten (Preset) • Shade (Preset)
    Frames Per Second0.6 Frames
    Memory TypeBuilt-in • SD Card • SDHC Card
    Built-in Memory Size50 MB
    Compression TypeJPEG • EXIF 2.2
    ISO SpeedsAuto • 100 • 200 • 400 • 800 • 1600 • 64
    Interface TypeUSB 2.0
    Battery TypeProprietary Li-Ion
    Self Timer2 Sec. • 10 Sec.
    Family LineFuji FinePix
    Included AccessoriesSoftware • USB Cable • Hand Strap • Driver • Battery Charger • Li-Ion Rechargable Battery

World's smallest and lightest waterproof digital camera. It's innovative and powerful, yet slim and durable, meant for any active lifestyle. The superb masterpiece is created with combination of 10 megapixels and 3x optical zoom furnished with the Picture Stabilization / Anti-blur Mode, and Shooting Modes. Equipped with the newly evolved 6 scene SR AUTO (Scene Recognition Auto) and Face Detection, scenes and faces can be captured and optimized even more with the detection functions. Expand your movie shooting range from shore to underwater! Includes various entertaining features even after shooting for convenient movie and image editing. FinePix Z33WP offers a large LCD with Micro Thumbnail and various slideshows to choose from.

Submitted by Anthony a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2011

Strengths:    well built

Weaknesses:    low quality video. so-so battery life

Bottom Line:
great camera, tough and well built. If it leaked on me after 2 years of use but i was very hard in it and lots of saltwater usage.

Purchased At:   photostop

Similar Products Used:   n/a first time with a waterproof camera

Submitted by Cherlyn a Casual

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2010

Strengths:    Easy to use

Bottom Line:
Great camera. We bought this for our daughter for her 9th birthday, she had a broken arm and needed an easy to use camera. She is a lefty and broke her right arm and was able to use it up side down with no problem. The picture quality to me is great. The camera was lost or it was stolen on vacation, I was in charge of it, in May and are trying to replace it and she does not like the feel and ease of use with the new ones. So we are still looking.

Purchased At:   Marinette Camera Fai

Submitted by KJCR a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2010

Strengths:    Video, size, sound quality, price

Weaknesses:    indoor images are grainy

Bottom Line:
I had had a Pentax W10 for a couple of years until I stupidly changed the battery at the beach and must have gotten a grain of sand in the seals and of course, the camera died. I bought this one because had to have another waterproof camera and didn't have a lot of money to spend on one. While it is nowhere near as good image quality as the Pentaz W10 was, it's acceptable for 4x6 prints. And I have to say the video is excellent. The first real test for this was Great Wolf Lodge and while the photos are all pretty dark, because of being indoors and your choices are flash and you only see what's five feet in front of you or no flash and everything's relatively dark, but you can make out what you're shooting. The videos, though, were great -- clear, bright, smooth, good sound. Very nice. I'm sure that this summer when we are at the beach or in the pool, this tiny little camera will be just fine for our waterproof needs and beats the possibility of my good Canon being ruined by sand or water!

Purchased At:   Buy.com

Similar Products Used:   I've used a Pentax W10 and my brother and family uses a Pentax W30.

Submitted by caronam a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2010

Strengths:    It's small and compact, thats for sure. So easy to take with, doesn't take up a lot of space. Large screen on it for a good look at what your taking a picture of. Buttons take a little pressure to activate so you don't have to worry about setting them off accidently. Has lots of settings so you can have fun playing with the camera and the supporting image program isn't bad.

Weaknesses:    Too small. Poor picture quality for outdoors, and low light conditions. Lens gets dirty and marks on it easily as it protrudes from the camera. Green color is easily lost in water - orange would be a better bet. Not shock proof or good in motion environments so definitely not good while doing something (ie like kayaking).

Bottom Line:
Got this for christmas. It was chosen because its waterproof and I do a lot of kayaking. Killed my last camera while kayaking Nootka sound. Couldn't handle the rain and the surf. I have small hands and I find everything on the camera a little on the small side, I'm always worried that I'm going to drop it.. The on/off button and the actual shoot button are also too small and I find I have to press extra hard to make sure I get the shot. I don't find the speed as quick as I need it and low light shots are a write off as far as Im concerned. I use a lot of my pictures for print and the quality is just not there. A histogram on the camera would be most helpful. Its an okay beginners camera but not good for the spectacular shots. Personally, I'm taking this one back and looking for something that will take a better picture. Also the green makes it easily lost in water, so I'd choose something in say - Orange. Plus the fact that things can get banged around pretty easily in a kayak and this camera is definitely not shock proof... or good with motion.

Purchased At:   christmas present

Submitted by sbronetto a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2009

Strengths:    Waterproof, good zoom length, easy to operate and fast to recharge

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
We bought this camera for our daughter after her Sony 6MP digital stopped working. The need for an all weather camera was made to be quite apparent in her request for a new digital camera. My daughter did very thorough research and decided on this particular camera as a suitable replacement for her Sony. The key physical features she was looking for was small easy to use, compact, lightweight and portable (fits into pants pocket or jacket). The technology aspects she wanted covered, waterproof, quick recharge time, low light capable, easy use with a flash when required and long life battery. This camera is really well made and lives up to its specifiations My daughter says that it is a fantastic camera. I was also impressed by the the Fujinon 3 X Optical zoom lens having a really useful Lens Focal Length (6.3mm - 18.9mm, equivalent to 35.5 - 105 mm on a 35mm camera) for general and travel photography. The large 2.7 inch LCD screen is very visible even in bright light conditions. The waterproofing is very good and we have not had any leaks so far. We were surprised by the underwater imaging which is actually very good for such a small camera. The face recognition and red eye removal tech talk may not impressed my daughter, but it sure did impress me. This camera is really suited for traveling in wet conditions or dry.

Purchased At:   Staples