Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | 8 to 10 Megapixel | Vivitar

Optical Zoom3x
    Interchangeable LensNot Interchangeable Lenses
    ISO SpeedsAuto • 100 • 200 • 400
    Interface TypeUSB 2.0
    Self Timer2 Sec. • 5 Sec. • 10 Sec.
    Video Resolutions640 x 480 (VGA)
    White BalanceAuto • Daylight / Sunny (Preset) • Fluorescent (Preset) • Tungsten (Preset)
    Video FormatAVI
    Compression TypeJPEG
    Focal Length36 - 108 mm
    Image Resolutions3648 x 2736
    LCD Screen Size2.4 in.

Take pleasure in using this sleek, elegant, and feature rich camera. With its impressive 10.1 megapixel resolution, as well as anti-shake and red eye reduction tools, you’ll be astonished at just how easy it is taking crisp and smooth photos. Features a 2.4" Screen, 8X Digital Zoom, Face and Smile Detection, Red Eye Reduction, and Anti-Shake.

Submitted by Dee a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2013

Strengths:    None.

Weaknesses:    Every picture I take comes out blurry.

Bottom Line:
I thought it was just me until I read these other reviews. No matter what I do, I've tried every setting and the pictures still look blurry. Picture quality is extremely poor for this camera. I've taken better pictures with my phone.

Purchased At:   Walmart

Submitted by ROBIN HENRY a Casual

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2012

Strengths:    NONE

Weaknesses:    BLURRY!! EVEN WHEN YOU ARE HOLDING STILL, EVERYTHING IS BLURRY. FORGET TAKING PICTURES OF PETS, KIDS, ANIMALS, WELL,. BASICALLY ANYTHING THAT MOVES.

Bottom Line:
THIS IS THE WORST CAMERA! I GOT IT AS A GIFT BECAUSE MY KODAK EASY SHARE BROKE AND NEEDED A CAMERA IN A HURRY. NO CAMERA WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER DEAL. MY FIRST FILM CAMERA WAS A VIVITAR THAT I HAVE STILL AND I LOVED IT. NO MORE VIVITARS FOR ME

Purchased At:   KOHLS

Submitted by shutterbug a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2012

Strengths:    It was cheap enough for someone to buy it as a gift

Weaknesses:    Photos: Blurry
Videos: Blurry
What else is there to say

Bottom Line:
13 yr old daughter got this "paperweight" as a Christmas gift from her aunt. It never took good pics. Always blurry, video blurry. I had done photograph for college publications and tried my hand at it and I got the same useless pics. Absolutely disappointment for my daughter. Finally bought her a Nikon Coolpix S4300 for her birthday this month. Based on the price mentioned above (about $70) it was well worth spending about $35 more for a quality camera. Now she is ecstatic with her new Coolpix and those photos are focused, if not amazing. Yes it's 14 MP but my 5 MP camera took better pics than the Vivitar 10 MP.
Don't disappoint a loved one by purchasing this camera. But if you want a good "paperweight" for yourself, as one photo repair shop mentioned, then this Vivitar is for you. Sad to see them put out such a poor quality product.

Purchased At:   "Gift"?

Submitted by Mama C a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2011

Strengths:    lightweight, nice model color (her favorite--teal)

Weaknesses:    poor quality, sucks battery life very quickly, picture quality was lousy

Bottom Line:
I bought this camera for my daughter's 11th birthday. She used it for 6 weeks and then it stopped functioning. The display panel got garbled and made the camera useless! Before that, the picture quality, while appearing good on the display, was inferior upon upload. The pictures are terrible, blurry, washed out with flash, off color and just lousy! I was expecting a lot more for 10.1 MP and a regular retail price of $69.99. Don't even think about buying this camera!

Purchased At:   Toys r us

Similar Products Used:   Canon digital camera, Kodak digital camera

Submitted by Yukinoritter a Casual

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2011

Strengths:    Leight weight. Nice color.

Weaknesses:    Picture quality (worst ive seen)
No sound in videos (veyr little use for that feature w/o the sound)
Very hard to navigate.

Bottom Line:
I recieved this camera as a gift for a christmas. Im still in school, so the point of this camera was to take pictures of my friends and me during our final year together. Unfortunately, I cant do that with this camera. The picture quality is horrible. Its no longer fun to take a picture a 10th time because the first 9 times didnt come out well, even when the camera was sitting flat. Also, it was very hard to navigate, the controls were very messy/confusing.
I also planned to use this camera for taking videos, but without the ability to record sound, theres really no point. A useless feature...
Do not buy this camera and do not be tempted to purchase it for its low price. It was originally 130.00 dollars, but I got it for 40.00....hmmm, I wonder why?....Biggest waste of 40.00 dollars

Purchased At:   Kohl's