Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Above 10 Megapixel | Fujifilm

Fujifilm FinePix S6800 Above 10 Megapixel

5/5 (1 Reviews)

The Fujifilm FinePix S6800 is a compact point and shoot bridge camera modeled around a 1/2.3-inch 16.2-megapixel CMOS image sensor, an articulating 3-inch LCD display with 460k-dot resolution, and a 30x optical zoom lens (24 – 720 mm focal length equivalency). The S6800 additionally features a microSD/SDHC/SDXC media slot, enabled 1080p full HD video capture, as well as USB and HDMI connectivity options.

Submitted by Harrison Retrop a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2013

Strengths:    After owning this camera for nearly a week and taking countless pictures both indoors and outdoors I am very impressed with it. I have never owned a camera that took better still shots. It also shoots video very well, better than my dedicated video camera. I was particularly impressed with it's ability to take low light photos with amazing clarity and color in both indoor and outdoor situations. Another great capability of this camera is taking high speed action shots without the photos being blurry. It has a number of pre set scene modes which work flawlessly.

Weaknesses:    It won't fit in your shirt pocket.

Bottom Line:
If you have a couple of hundred bucks to spend on a quality camera and demand excellent photos and videos, this camera will certainly fill the bill. I am very happy with it. You do need to read the pdf manual in order to get all the benefits from this camera. Plan on spending a couple of hours reading and familiarizing yourself with the controls before going on your first photo shoot. I don't make my living taking pictures but I have been taking pictures for well over fourty years now, using various manufactures cameras and I like this camera an awful lot. I highly recommend it to anyone as I don't think you will be disappointed.