Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Above 10 Megapixel | Nikon

Nikon Coolpix S4100 Above 10 Megapixel

1 star rating
                      1 / 5 (1 Reviews)

Life moves fast…be ready to catch it and share it with the ultra slim Coolpix S4100. With one touch 720p HD movie recording, capturing spur of the moment action is easier than ever—wherever you go. Nikon has equipped it with a 14.0-megapixel CCD sensor that assures exceptional image quality. It’s paired with a 5x wide-angle optical Zoom-Nikkor glass lens that offers you excellent compositional freedom. Nikon’s true glass lens boasts a focal length from 26-130mm, a range that zooms in for your best portrait shots and has a wide angle to cover beautiful landscapes. The Coolpix S4100 even has 20 Scene Modes, including Scene Auto Selector, so you can leave it to this intelligent camera to automatically determine what type of photo you’re taking and adjust the setting to assure a flawless photo every time.

Submitted by Della Tenney a Casual

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2011

Strengths:    So far I would not say the camera I purchased had anything positive other than the size and the case that came with it.

Weaknesses:    Quality of photography not good
Battery charging problems
Lens not very good --

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Nikon S4100 at Costco and did not use it for a month or two. I charged the battery and took about 55 pictures. I did not immediately upload the pictures to my computer. About a month later, when I tried to take more pictures, the battery was dead. I attempted to recharge the battery but could not get it to function. I then took out the memory card, uploaded my photographs to my computer and was very disappointed in the quality of the pictures. I took the camera back to Costco and my warranty had expired two days before,. Costco put me in touch with the service center who helped me run a trouble shooting exercise that did not materialize in a fix.

They then suggested I return the camera to them. It was a lot of trouble to package and mail the camera back. I feel the battery was defective, the camera is nothing special and I would never purchase another Nikon camera. I have had excellent results with my Canon digital camera.

Purchased At:   Costco