Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Above 10 Megapixel | Nikon

Nikon Coolpix S8100 Above 10 Megapixel

4/5 (1 Reviews)

• Product ID102292153

Fast, responsive and versatile, the Nikon Coolpix S8100 with advanced CMOS sensor technology and incredible 10X zoom will capture fast-moving subjects in still images and Full HD (1080) movies. High-speed operation, exceptional low-light performance, outstanding image quality and sophisticated features mark the 12.1-megapixel S8100. The optical 10x wide Zoom- Nikkor ED glass lens covers 30-300mm, and the camera's speedy start-up, fast autofocus, quick shutter release, superior low light performance and high-speed continuous shooting (five shots in one second!) ensure capture of all your memorable moments. The S8100 also offers Optical VR Image Stabilization, high ISO sensitivity to 3200, a new flash control system, movie recording with stereo sound and a 3-inch Ultra-High Resolution (921,000-dot) Clear Color Display for bright, sharp image viewing and sharing.

Submitted by Dang a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2011

Strengths:    Image quality
Size
Zoom

Weaknesses:    Video Sound

Bottom Line:
So damn tired of lugging around a DSLR! All I want to do is take pics of places I been. The grand kids.
So....I went shopping for a pocket zoom digital camera and saw the Nikon S8100 at Best Buys. It was a open box deal so I saved 10%. Sweet!
Feels great in the hands! Takes great images. The battery seems to last quite awhile and charging it in the camera is no big deal really. Charges like our cell phone. Easy.
In video I'm not too impressed with the sound quality. But 9 out of 10 of my finished video projects I have deleted the original sound track and added music. I and my entire family all sound like Pee Wee Herman. So sound doesn't really matter to me.

Purchased At:   Best Buy