Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Above 10 Megapixel | Olympus

Olympus FE-4010 Above 10 Megapixel

Get everyone in the shot with the 12 megapixel FE-4010. The camera’s 4x wide-angle optical zoom lens easily handles close-ups of large groups, indoors and out. And if you’re into shooting video, you’ll love how easy it is to upload right to YouTube. The camera automatically tracks the movements of energetic photo targets like kids and pets and continuously adjusts the focus and brightness to capture them sharply with ease. Add a little extra dimension of drama or enchantment by applying a filter effect, such as Pop Art, Pinhole or Fisheye. Even with all of its jam-packed functions and features, the camera sports a super-slim body with a premium dark grey, pearl white or magenta finish, and a sleek, ergonomic design with a 2.7” high-resolution LCD.

Submitted by Fadzil Shah a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2013

Strengths:    size and weight

Weaknesses:    generally poor quality pictures.

Bottom Line:
better to avoid

Submitted by Djae

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2012

Strengths:    Takes great photos

Weaknesses:    It took me a while to figure the settings out then my photos came out crystal clear. I am an artist and use it daily. I've dropped it twice in water and works perfect. I have no complaints.

Bottom Line:
I wouldn't recommend this to someone who is not patient. There are too many minor details to just pick up and go. You need to choose what kind of photo you are taking. I would recommend this for someone who take time to figure out the product first.

Submitted by Jo Hrusovsky a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2011

Strengths:    zero!

Bottom Line:
Product returned under warranty due to a negative screen. Received replacement within a reasonable time, but after a few months the replacement has the same problem.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by JT CONNECTICUT a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2010

Strengths:    pretty looking camera, lightweight

Weaknesses:    Battery or charger defective, doesn't stay charged. Manufacturer overcharges for camera supposedly under warranty, problem never verified.

Bottom Line:
This was a Christmas gift in 2009. As I have several cameras, I didn't use this often. First real opportunity was in June 2010 at a special occasion. The battery would not stay charged for more than approx 15 pictures, altho I was shutting the camera off in between. I tried it a couple of more times, with the same problem. As the charger and batteries are expensive, I sent it back to the mfgr, as it should still be under warranty. Besides having to pay $11 to ship it, they want $62 to fix it! So, I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND purchasing this camera or giving it as a gift.

Similar Products Used:   KODAK AND CANON DIGITAL CAMERAS

Submitted by LarKing a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2010

Strengths:    looks good

Weaknesses:    Worst camera I have ever owned.

Bottom Line:
Olympus FE 4010 I have nothing good to say about this camera. It is the worst digital camera I have ever owned. Pictures look very grainy especially when you enlarge the photo much at all. Poor low light quality. Poor battery life, it's worse than any point and shoot digital camera I have owned. I have an old 4 megapixel Sony camera that takes way better pictures then this FE 4010. Poor photo editing software. This camera has convinced me to never purchase another Olympus camera. They must be getting them made in China. Wow I looked and it says it was made in Indonesia. I own an Olympus SLR camera also and all I can say good about that camera was that it had low price. This company has become a junk dealer and they don't care. They know that there are suckers born every day. I admit that I was suckered twice but I assure you there won't be a third time.

Purchased At:   Best Buy