Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Above 10 Megapixel | Panasonic

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS12 Above 10 Megapixel

4/5 (1 Reviews)

12.1-megapixel high resolution imaging and extended battery life of 330 pictures. 4x optical zoom (Extra Optical Zoom: Max. 7.8x2) f/2.8 LUMIX DC VARIO lens. iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode including MEGA O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Face Detection AF/AE with Digital Red-eye Correction. 2.7-inch 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD. WVGA (848x480), VGA (640x480), QVGA (320x240) at 30 fps movie recording. Photo editing and organizing software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 3.0 featuring Face Recognition bundled.

Submitted by Julio Pe?a a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2011

Strengths:    . Portable.
- Easy controls and shooting experience.
- Good quality images, for daily and also enthusiast photography.
- Good quality construction.
- Allows you to experiment a variety of changing conditions, to improve your photo.
- And mainly, the FS12 never let you down when you need to take a photo: general shot, macro (I have precious drops and the vines reflecting on it), testimonial.
- The InteligentAuto (IA) works perfectly, solving any surprinsingly situation.

Weaknesses:    I dont find weakness, but yes it have its limits.
- For sport, is not easy (but not impossible), because the camera hard response to quick actions (for example, my dongs playing).
- For macro, the involuntary movement of the hand some times make your photo moved (also with the OIS).
- One have to be very careful with the involuntary movement of the hand in all situations, because the small of the lens make this affect strongly.

Bottom Line:
I come from the full manual camera, B/W, and autoprocesing all the photo steps by my own. I used mainly OlympusOM-1. So, Panasonic FS12 was/is no my first digital camera, but yes the first I use for my personal shooting experience.
I am grateful and satisfied with this camera. Because I wanted easy, portable, discret, and quality, and FS12 gives it to me. Soon I´m going to open a blog with some of my photos, there you are going to see.
I´m not asking the camera for supreme quality sharp images, as taken with an expensive DSRL camera: I´m looking for a decent shot, and more, that crisp me or my family, or friends, with the human experience of seeing some vivid scene on a photo. For me, that´s core photography. If your skin shake, your mind wonders, your lungs profound inspire, sharing a photo... that is, and for now, I have this.

Similar Products Used:   I dont know, because I just dedicate to this camera. Sometimes I prove another ones, from my family, friends, and see that my FS12 is really good.