Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Above 10 Megapixel | Samsung

Samsung TL100 Above 10 Megapixel

3/5 (2 Reviews)

• Product ID85364942

The TL100 is a 12 MP digital camera that with a 3x optical zoom, makes taking great photos easy. Its ultra slim exterior exudes style and simplicity, but still packs powerful features. The Samsung Perfect Portrait system includes beauty shot which automatically retouches facial imperfections. And the Smart Auto feature selects the scene mode best for the environment you’re shooting in.

Submitted by James19971 a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
Dreadful camera with even worse customer service when you do have a problem

Dear Sir/ Madam,
New reference number 3000####

Old reference number 4003#####
I am writing to inform you about the faulty Samsung TL100 Titanium Digital camera that I have purchased.
On the 6th of May, I bought a Samsung TL100 Titanium Digital Camera. However, upon one week of being on vacation, it failed to turn on.
On return of my vacation, I called 1800 SAMSUNG only to be told by ‘Rosa’ that there appeared to be a problem with my battery. I asked her how she knew this given that I had not explained the problem; she responded that she knew this camera and the problems associated with it. Rosa said she would have a new battery sent out to me.
I received the new battery yesterday, and after charging it for a few hours I tried the camera, however, I still had the same problem. I called 1800 SAMSUNG and spoke to ‘Maurica’ who told me I needed to charge the camera for a minimum of 8 hours before I could place another service call. I charge the camera for 8 hours, however, still the same problem.
This morning I called 1800 SAMSUNG and spoke to ‘Frederick’, I gave him the ticket number, he asked that I hold, however, the call was either lost or terminated.
I called 1800 SAMSUNG back again and this time spoke to ‘Jennely’, I said I was getting frustrated and asked to speak to her supervisor. She transferred me her supervisor only to receive a message saying ‘the person you are trying to reach is not available, please try again later’ and disconnected me.
I called 1800 SAMSUNG back again and spoke to ‘Rhonda’, who said she would put me through to customer support, ‘Mel’ took the call and said she would transfer me to ‘executive customer care’ as of writing this email, I am still on hold – it has been 2hrs and 43 minutes – long enough to write this letter.
Also, yesterday I decided to complete the emailed customer satisfaction survey that I received, only to receive and error at the end of saying ‘error – ticket number not found’.
I tried placing an online order for assistance through the Samsung website, however, because the ‘model’ number is not an option in your pull down menu – I am unable to place an online request for assistance. Please see attached URL for yourself.
I tried calling the Samsung Customer Care number published on your website 1800 747 5618 only to find the number is no longer connected.
I tried calling the Executive Customer Relations number 1800 522 7341 provided by your corporate office only to find it is no longer connected
I attempted to email the customer service email address published on your website only to have it bounce back with the following error
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
custsvc@seasvc.samsung.com

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
I consider the lack of customer service I have received a reflection on how you value your customers and consider the amount of time I have spent calling 1800 SAMSUNG to be totally unacceptable.
Since my matter is still not resolved, I am desperately hoping that someone with a little ounce of customer service ability will read this email and act on it.

Purchased At:   bestbuy

Submitted by Ratha a Beginner

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2009

Strengths:    Image Quality

Weaknesses:    None as of now

Bottom Line:
This product is great for shooting images outdoor and indoor. It has a great smart function on top that automatically automize and set the correct function to get the best result and image quality. Yes, you can zoom in and out while during the video recording mode, recording at 20fps or 30 fps. I dont know if they is good or bad, but you judge. Overall I am satisfied with the TL100 and would recommended to all. It is very user friendly only with a switch only to Picture or Video mode, the rest is in the menu, with a single click to great photos. Peace out

Purchased At:   Bestbuy