Home | Reviews | Cameras | Digital Cameras | Digital SLRs | Nikon

• MPND90KIT18105VR
    Depth3 in.
    Memory TypeSD Card • SDHC Card • Eye-Fi SD Card
    Battery TypeRechargeable Li-Ion Battery
    Included AccessoriesSoftware • USB Cable • Battery Charger • Strap • AV Cable • Li-Ion Rechargable Battery
    Release DateSeptember, 2008
    Aperture Rangef3.5/f5.6 (w/t)
    ISO Speeds100 • 200 • 3200 • 6400
    ViewfinderOptical (Through-the-lens)
    Interface TypeUSB 2.0 • HDMI
    Self Timer2 Sec. • 5 Sec. • 10 Sec. • 20 Sec.
    Video Resolutions640 x 480 (VGA) • 1280 x 720 • 320 x 240
    Flash TypeBuilt-In & External
    White BalanceAuto • Manual • Daylight / Sunny (Preset) • Fluorescent (Preset) • Incandescent (Preset) • Shade (Preset) • Flash (Preset)
    Video FormatAVI • Motion JPEG
    Focal Length18 - 105 mm
    LCD Panel Size3 in.
    Image Resolutions4288 x 2848 • 3216 x 2136 • 2144 x 1424
    Tripod MountWith Tripod Mount
    Flash FunctionsAuto Flash • Front Sync Flash • Rear Sync Flash • Fill-in Flash • Red-eye Reduction Flash • Slow Sync • Manual

12.3-MP DX-format CMOS sensor , Brilliant 3-inch, 920,000-dot Color LCD and EXPEED image processing concept

Read The Complete Nikon D90 Pro Review >>

The Nikon D90 is Nikon’s latest mid-range digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera and the world’s first DSLR to offer high-definition video capture. The D90’s 12-megapixel APS-sized CMOS sensor also ups the high-ISO ante with very low noise up to - and in some situations, beyond - ISO 800.

Nikon D90 Review Contents:

Nikon D90 - front and back

Read The Complete Nikon D90 Pro Review >>

Submitted by SISAY

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2014

Strengths:    2000

Weaknesses:    2000

Submitted by Kumaresan Vibhakar a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2011

Strengths:    I cannot comment to the Pro's level. As far as I am concerned it is very high quality, it's got the Lamborgani power & Rolls Royce smoothness.

Weaknesses:    Since I am not a hard core Professional neither I am able to find any weakness nor any faults with the D90

Bottom Line:
From my 1st film Nikon Nikkormat,F80,F100, D70s,D50 to D90 each & every camera was built & produced Top Class. Especially the build quality is Matchless. So nothing to fret about since the D90 is again a classic & top quality camera in all respects.

Similar Products Used:   Early days I had used RollieChord, Rollieflex, (Twin lens Reflex), Canon AE1 SLR & Olympus OM2 SLR

Submitted by Logos516 a Beginner

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2010

Strengths:    Quick Auto foucus Nice "Tack Sharp " Photos Easy to understand and to use.Not too heavy and is pretty well made.

Weaknesses:    None So Far

Bottom Line:
I am a new Photographer and I had done alot of reasearch an both canon and Nikon I think this Nikon D90 is awesome .It is my first DSLR and I love it.I am taking an on line course to learn how to make Photographs.I had also baught a few books on how the Nikon D90 works and functions.My pic's are Tack Sharp and the HD feature is awesome.The settings are in easy to reach places and the camera is not that heavy.This product is a 5 star in my book Awesome Camera

Purchased At:   Primo Camera

Similar Products Used:   I dont have any other Nikon products this is my first and I will be buying more.Nikon makes a really good product

Submitted by Rob Whiteley a Expert

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2010

Strengths:    Features; build; design; performance; image quality; and also price when you consider how much more you'd have to spend to notice any significant difference.

Weaknesses:    AF-tracking struggles with fast-moving subjects (the 11 AF points can constantly hunt and fail to maintain any useful lock... but then that just encourages good technique!); and the video mode is too limited to be really fun or useful.

Bottom Line:
I've used it for over a year now, mainly for outdoor and wildlife photography, in the UK, the Falklands, and Antarctica, and it's hardly ever fallen short.

It just always performs and is completely intuitive to use. It also has a great depth of controls and features, so you can tailor it to your needs and preferences, and I’ve done A3 prints from it with stunning quality.

I’ve compared results to a friend’s D300 images and we really can’t tell any difference, though the D700 images have a bit more to them. With that and also comparisons to other friends’ equivalent Canon and Sony systems, I’d only ever consider upgrading to a full-frame sensor model as I reckon this is about as good as DX sensors can get without squuzing yet more pixels on and creating noise issues. and anything in-between would be money better spent on lenses.

The only feature I’ve ‘missed’ is a more advanced AF (like the D300’s 51-point AF system) to help with tracking fast-moving wildlife, but that’s on 1% of the time.

It feels a bit light and small to my taste, especially with larger lenses, but that's soon fixed with a battery grip.

Purchased At:   Mifsuds

Similar Products Used:   D70, D200, D300, D700,;Canon EOS 40D and 50D; Sony Alpha 350 (horrible noise issues at medium-high ISOs and in poor light) and Alpha 700

Submitted by vineethsai a Professional

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
hi Readers& Viewers i am using D90 Camera. the picture and the quality is very good. The response i am getting by D90 is very good. i have purchased VR lens 18mm-105mm. the lens is very good.

Purchased At:   AndhraPradesh

Nikon D90 Camera with lenses and extras!

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]Nikon D90 Camera with 4 Lenses[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]Camera is used but in very good condition and it is fully functional.[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]The camera has some normal wear from use, and there are some surface marks on the LCD ... Read More »

Nikon D90 & Lenses

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]NIKON D90 SET FOR SALE! [/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]This set is only used for personal usage. Good condition. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]The set includes complete lenses & items as below:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][ ... Read More »

D90 Error - Err (flashing)

Hi All, I was using my D90 today (first time in a good while), and an error occured "Err" now the camera will not fire and displays this flashing "Err" error. I think I may have moved the F stop inadvertently at some critical point but cannot be sure. I was trying things like remove and return ba ... Read More »

D90: Early Retirement?

Hi Nikon Guys....I'm at approx 75,000 shutter activations in a 3 year period according to my calculations....All the back panel button logos are long worn away ([COLOR="DarkRed"]WBN[/COLOR]) :p overall still kickin' butt with this rig. [B] Does anyone know the "normal" shutter life of a Nikon DSLR ... Read More »

Simple tip for D90 or D80 users and maybe other models

Recently I was on vacation and left my D7000 in the hotel room and ended up shooting a show with my D90. It was dark and there were a lot of people in the audience setting behind me so I didn't want my rear LCD screen to review each shot and make a big distracting light go on after each picture. I k ... Read More »