Home | Reviews | Cameras | Film Cameras | 35mm SLRs | Ricoh

Ricoh KR5 Super II 35mm SLRs

MSRP : $0

• Lens MountPentax K
    Camera TypeSLR (Single Lens Reflex)
    Focus TypeManual Focus
    Shutter Speed1 - 1/2000 sec
    Weight14.4 oz.
    MPNKR-5 Super II

- Ergonomically designed SLR camera with built-in handgrip and manual exposure control.
- All metal shutter with speeds from 1 second to 1/2000 second plus bulb setting.
- Include self-timer with mirror lock for vibration-free pictures, universal K-mount, and fully-mechanical operation in case of battery failure.

Submitted by WJK a Expert

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2015

Strengths:    Superb build, supported over ten years

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
This camera was my stage for everything I learned about photography growing up. It's build is superbly solid, and it's lightened was fantastic, even for a kid who didn't have a clue when I started. My love for photography took off with this camera, though it finally died due to mechanical failures on a trip in India ten years later. With just a Leatherman in hand, I reduced it to pieces and couldn't solve the puzzle. Years later I am shooting medium format, and still wish I had this camera to break out on trips.

Submitted by Joy Yearwood a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2011

Strengths:    everything works

Weaknesses:    none as of now

Bottom Line:
I couldnt believe when I found this camera at a yard sale just the other day, the guy only wanted $30 for it but i got him to take $15!!! I even got a Focal Lens,carrying case,the original manueals, flash,strap and the original lens for the camera!!! I cant wait to start using it , everything seems to be in working order. I dont know much about the lens that came with but, it is oviously worth at least ten times what I paid!!! If anyone can help me out with info on the extra lens post reply to this Im not sure what to call it but let me know and ill give whatever info's needed , thanks

Purchased At:   a yard sale!!!

Submitted by jaime2004 a Expert

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2004

Strengths:    - 1/2000 shutter speed
- K Mount
- All manual - no batteries needed (except for exposure meter).
- Mirror lock up with self-timer
- Well-built

Weaknesses:    No one

Bottom Line:
This camera gave me a lot of satisfied moments. I use it for several years & now a buy another new one. It´s so versatile, easy to use, all controls are clear and have a combinations of virtues of different cameras. Very very simple to use, very friendly

Purchased At:   Dec 2000

Submitted by Kristie a Casual

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This camera has been a wonderfully solid piece of equipment. It is extremely reliable and takes clear, crisp photos. It was my entry level camera which I used to learn on and it was a fantastic tool to get started with.

Purchased At:   Ritz auction on Ebay

Submitted by Chris a Casual from Minnesota

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Strengths:    Good shutter speed range.
Solid Construction.
Takes good photos.
Split screen focusing screen.

Weaknesses:    No options for "bolt ons."

Bottom Line:
Have had the camera for about 4 years now and not a thing swrong with it. The 35-70 zoom lens it came with has more to be desired though. Good weight and feel to the camera. Takes nice pictures for an entry level camera.

Purchased At:   Ritz