Home | Reviews | Cameras | Film Cameras | Medium Format | Hasselblad

Hasselblad ArcBody Kit with 35mm f4.5 Lens Medium Format

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Mathew McDonald a Expert from Sausalito, Ca.

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2000

Strengths:    Super lightweight, compact field camera that perfectly integrates with balance of Hasselblad SLR lineup.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, particularly for non Hassy owners. Not a hand holdable camera.

Bottom Line:
Generous movements for field camera, Rodenstock lenses, Hasselblad build quality and I get to use my A12 backs? This is a no brainer! I share film backs with my 2000FCW and have lightened my load over 5LBS from my Linhof Super Tech IV setup. Far quicker setup and with the price I got for Linhof, I bought this gorgeous camera. No more loading of Super Rollex backs, that's worth it alone!

Purchased At:   Robert White

Similar Products Used:   Linhof Super Technika IV, Wisner Pocket Expedition 45, Horseman VHR, Silvestri T30

Submitted by joost duppen a Professional from netherlands

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2000

Strengths:    shift and tilt within a system I already
use. very compact and lightweighted.

Weaknesses:    to shift and get more of "the ground" in your photo you have to turn the camera upside down.

Bottom Line:
bacause of the fact that I make a lot of architecture photos (buildings in- and outside) I bougt this camera. One can shift just enough. I bougt the body with the 35mm and 75mm lens. 35 I use most. and the 75mm I can use if I have to make a picture of a product, so I can tilt the body.

Similar Products Used:   normal technical camera. too heavy too big to take with you on location.