Home | Reviews | Digital Photography Software | Noise Reduction Software | Imagenomic

Imagenomic Noiseware Noise Reduction Software

Noiseware(tm) is the highly-acclaimed, award-winning software tool from Imagenomic that is setting the standard for digital image noise reduction. Noiseware leads the field for speed, quality and ease-of-use in restoring image fidelity by eliminating digital noise and unwanted artifacts introduced by high ISO photography and less than optimal image acquisition conditions. Noiseware features:
  • Self-learning noise profile builder
  • Batch processing
  • EXIF data support
  • Supports JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF
  • Includes image browser

Submitted by Jon Feider a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2009

Strengths:    Speed
    Ease of use
    Fast automatic profiling
    Decent noise reduction

Weaknesses:    Lack of control over sharpening

Bottom Line:
    I've been using Neat Image for years but I've had some problems with it lately so I decided to take a look at other programs on the market these days. I downloaded the community edition of Noiseware and processed the same image with Neat Image and Noiseware.

With very little work, I was able to produce decent results with Noiseware, although they were still inferior to Neat Image's output. Noiseware definitely did a good job of reducing noise but I thought there was too much loss of detail as well. I suspect that if I played with the adjustments some more that problem would go away.

The bigger problem for me was the sharpening control, or rather the lack thereof. There's only 1 slider that affects the sharpening function. I found that even on the lowest sharpening setting, there was still a visible halo along the border between a dark object and the sky in my picture. With Neat Image, I can use a significant amount of sharpening without seeing these artifacts because it gives me more control over what gets sharpened and by how much.

The fact that I couldn't get artifact-free sharpening was a deal breaker for me, but if that's less important to you than ease of use, I'd definitely recommend Noiseware over Neat Image.

Purchased At:   http://www.imagenomi

Similar Products Used:   Neat Image Pro +

Submitted by Radovan a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2006

Strengths:    Noise supression, image sharpening feature, auto learning and full noise spectrum analyzing, works directly in Photoshop

Weaknesses:    Needs fast HW

Bottom Line:
    Purchased the Noiseware Standard plugin for Photoshop after testing the trial first. Have been amazed with the results as well as all the controls one has for the image quality. Have been fighting with noise especially on scanned film negatives. This tool does even this far above the quality of ll the other stuff I've used so far.

Purchased At:   KAGI