Home | Reviews | Digital Photography Software | Photo Editing Software | Bibble Labs

Bibble Labs Bibble Photo Editing Software

5 star rating
                      5 / 5 (2 Reviews)

Bibble is designed to allow you to gain the most quality from your digital SLR through the manipulation of raw CCD files from the camera.
  • Fastest possible high quality conversion to Tiff(8 & 16bit) or Jpeg
  • Fully integrated thumbnail browser
  • Same great interface under Windows or on the Mac (OS X Native!)
  • After the fact white balance and exposure compensation
  • 16 Bit image adjustments
  • Fully ICC compliant
  • Display and preservation of EXIF shooting data

Submitted by jetrim a Expert

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2011

Strengths:    RAW file conversion

Weaknesses:    Noise Ninja may not be quite as advanced as Lightroom3's but it does an excellent job most of the time. I shoot a lot in less than ideal light, and so far I'm quite happy with this application.

Bottom Line:
    I was really quite a bit more impressed with biible than I thought I'd be. Since I already own Adobe Bridge and Lightroom3 as well as Aperture3 I wasn't really fishing for another digital asset management application, but Bibble's RAW conversion, especially for brands other than Nikon/Canon is VERY impressive!

Similar Products Used:   Lightroom 2 & 3
    Aperture 3
    Adobe bridge/Adobe Camera RAW

Submitted by vector0319 a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2004

Strengths:    # Fully Integrated Browser.
    # User Configurable Tools/Views.
    # Powerful Batch Processing.
    # Raw Optimized Printing.
    # User Assignable Hotkeys
    # Flexible Renaming System.
    # Photoshop Plugin.
    # Advanced Settings Copy/Paste.
    # IPTC Meta-Data Support.
    # Fully Multi-threaded for Speed.
    # Tethered Shooting.
    # Runs on Windows, OS X and Linux!
    # Complete HTML Documentation.

Weaknesses:    Printing is limited in minutes, but dialog on forums gave quick response to fix being posted soon.

Bottom Line:
    It's hard to find a suitable RAW workflow program that just works. I mainly use the Linux operating system so finding one at all is challenging, but Bibble v4 fit the bill nicely. It works in Windows, Mac and Linux and at a price of $129 for the PRO version it is hundreds cheaper than C1 PRO or Photoshop CS. If it supports your camera you can't go wrong with this software.

It's workflow features are great and I have only begun to tap every one. I like the fact it can export directories or images I choice to either tiff, jpeg web gallery, or any Batch Queue that I can setup.

With the Work Queue I run my images through any number of batch changes and even print a contact sheet at the end of it.

It's file browser makes it easy to find things and shows images instantly via caching. Tools like Curves, White Balance, Exposure, Levels, Sharpening, Noise, Rotating, etc. are easily accessible in windows or docked in the toolbar.

So far it is proving to be a good asset in my photography workflow.w

Purchased At:   http://www.bibblelab