Home | Reviews | Film | Print Film | Kodak

PackagingConsumer
    Units in Package1
    MPN04177124194
    UPC04177124194

Kodak Gold 200 is great film for bright or partly sunny conditions. It provides a refined combination of color saturation, color accuracy, and sharpness in a 200-speed film.

Submitted by anas1993 a Beginner

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2011

Strengths:    Good colors skin tone

Great for outdoor shots

Decent for indoor shots too but make sure to use flash

Good price

Weaknesses:    None

Bottom Line:
I purchased this kodak gold 200 film in a 3 pack at Target for $6. I used about five rolls of this film this year and was delighted with the results. I use a regular point and shoot camera which is great for this film. I developed and them both at Target and CVS. I highly recommend this film to be developed at Target or CVS because they use kodak paper and products. If you develop this film on fuji paper results wont look good because of the mismatch between the processing and the film. Whenever you use kodak film make sure to process it in kodak paper and whenever you use fuji film process it on fuji paper in order to get good results. Even indoors this film is decent. Just make sure to use flash when shooting indoor shots. Thats all there is to this film. Therefore, I highly recommend this film to anyone who isnt a professional photographer.

Purchased At:   Target

Similar Products Used:   Fuji superia 100

Fuji superia 200

kodak gold 200

Submitted by Matt_OSU a Beginner

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2004

Strengths:    Good overall film
Cheap
Good colors

Weaknesses:    well, I like this film, it is not a GREAT film like the Fuji REALA 100, but it is a film that will get the job done.

Bottom Line:
I used this film to shoot pictures from a private airplane flying over campus. I wanted to blow up the pictures I would take, so I took a film that would be good during good weather and average if there was any clouds.

The result turned out to be satisfying, especially at the price I paid for!

Purchased At:   walmart: 4 for $6

Similar Products Used:   Kodak ROYAL GOLD 100,400
Kodak MAX 400
Kodak HD 400
Fuji REALA 100

Submitted by Bill50 a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2004

Strengths:    Available everywhere
Price(if bought in 4 packs)
Strong color
Nice contrast

Weaknesses:    Hard to find in 36 exposure-I have to reload too often with 24

Bottom Line:
This has become the main print film for me along with Fuji Super HQ 200. I used to use Fuji Reala, but it only comes in 100 speed and must be mail ordered to be had at a civilized price. Now I go to Wal Mart(or just about anywhere else) and get 4 packs at a great price.
The colors are nice and strong, but not over the top. Contrast is just right-not too harsh or too low. About the only waty to see a difference in grain compared to the 100 equivilant is to look at the negatives with a high dollar 5x loupe.

Purchased At:   Wal Mart-4 pack

Similar Products Used:   Many color negative films

Submitted by LongLiveFilm a Expert

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2004

Strengths:    Nice, rich tones and contrast.
Scans nice.
Readily available most anywhere.
Great white balance when used with flash.

Weaknesses:    Grainy in out-of-focus areas when scanned.
Expensive when bought individually - you can get a four pack for two dollars more than a single roll costs.

Bottom Line:
Great negative film. No more apparent grain than Gold 100 (AKA "Bright Sun"). This is my standard film for shooting general flash photography, as well as my print film of choice for macro work. It scans really well on my film scanner with more detail and a softer, more extended range of tones than the prints I get back from Costco, but at 1800x1200 pixels the grain is more than apparent.

Similar Products Used:   Kodak Bright Sun (Gold) 100
Fuji Super HQ 200

Submitted by LongLiveFilm a Intermediate from Irvine, California

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2003

Strengths:    Availability Inexpensive Fine Grain

Weaknesses:    Blue Cast

Bottom Line:
This is the film my family always buys. My mother buys this stuff in bulk at Costco and shoots all our family photos on it (To clear this up, I'm not a mama's boy, I'm just 19 years old). Most of the pictures I've shot have been on this film. However, I have a slight problem with the blue hue this film tends to cast over the whole image. But still, most of the pictures look great. It doesn't have the eye-popping clarity of Gold 100, but the pictures that didn't get the blue cast on them look great nonetheless.