Home | Reviews | Flash and Lighting | Flash Accessories | AlienBees

AlienBees Cyber Commander Flash Accessories

5/5 (1 Reviews)

Advanced Remote Controller: fits on your camera hotshoe and swivels from horizontal to vertical position. When used with virtually any Paul C. Buff, Inc. lights made since 1987, you will be able to control all parameters of sixteen different light channels, store and retrieve any number of setups, meter, display and bracket camera f-stop by channel, group or all, and display all power levels of all lights on a common bar graph. Also displays flash durations, color temperatures, and detailed parameters of each light channel.

Submitted by magoo a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2009

Strengths:    seems solid, not too many buttons

Weaknesses:    the instruction manual is quite vague.

Bottom Line:
I just received my cybercommander this week. Just did a quick run through with it. I did not even pull out my gossen starlight to take readings. I was just playing around with the camera, and going by what the settings were showing on the screen with bare bulb and the pictures came out perfectly exposed with no compensation from my camera. I then decided to put an umbrella on and take some shots. No change to my camera and it still came out with great exposure. I'm still trying to learn more about this cybercommander but it was acting as if the flash sensor was acting like a thyristor like on the old vivitar flashes. sofar I have never been dissapointed by any alien bees product. I have 3 of their monolights, a ring flash and all types of accessories. I normally do landscapes or available light photography of people but when I pull out my paul c. buff equipment it always is dependable and I have no doubt the same will be true about this new product.

Purchased At:   alien bees