Home | Reviews | Flash and Lighting | Flash Accessories | Gary Fong

Gary Fong Lightsphere Universal Cloud Flash Accessories

5/5 (1 Reviews)

The famous Gary Fong Lightsphere - Now in a UNIVERSAL size to fit almost ANY on-camera flash! Works with your existing accessory domes AmberDome & ChromeDome. The grip is so strong that it can support the entire weight of a camera, drive and flash securely. Attaches with patent pending grip system - WILL NOT FALL OFF! All other diffusers 'point' the light - like a flashlight. The Lightsphere is the only diffuser that lights up the entire room.

Submitted by Greg McCary

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2012

Strengths:    Easy to use, light weight, can use it for custom white balance.

Weaknesses:    Dome comes off to easy.

Bottom Line:
I have been ask many times to do outdoor portraits but always declined due to my lack of equipment and practice. But I finally decided to give it a go. After watching many YouTube how to videos I thought I would give the Gary Fong Cloud a try. All I can say is it works. I have put it on an off camera flash with very good results.
You can also use the dome and set a customer white balance by putting the dome over the lens and taking a picture. The skin tones of my subject comes out perfect every time. The Amber Dome works as well when shooting on a cloudy day or in open shade. It is much easier to set up than an umbrella and no worries with wind blowing it over.
Many complain about the price but I had an umbrella blow over and it easily could have destroyed my flash. I think it's worth the price paid.

Purchased At:   Adorama