Home | Reviews | Flash and Lighting | Flash Accessories | Innovatronix

Innovatronix Tronix Explorer XT SE Flash Accessories

5/5 (1 Reviews)

Special Edition (SE) Model of Tronix Explorer XT designed to work with bi-voltage flash units/monolights (with input voltages of 90Vac to 240Vac). The Tronix Explorer XT SE is a portable power supply (pure sine wave inverter) designed to power flash and power pack units for location shoots. Compared to other inverters, it uses a 24V power source and it is rated at 350 watts continuous power, 1200 watts peak power and recommended up to 2400ws. Equipped with two (2)12V, 7Ah sealed lead acid batteries and efficient circuit design that generates almost a thousand full power pops for 300ws flash units. It takes 3-5 hours to charge the unit. Available in 230Vac/50Hz and 115Vac/60Hz voltage configurations.

Submitted by maroberry a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2011

Strengths:    Fast recycling time, very reliable, heavy duty and made very well for outdoor shoots even for traveling.
Very good value for what you can get from this battery pack!

Weaknesses:    The weight

Bottom Line:
I've been very happy with my Innovatronix Explorer XT SE.
I have Elinchrom monolights and since they are bi-voltage and digital, it need constant flow from the battery pack. I tried Alien bees Vagabond II, it didn't work and it only has 1000watts power, then I discover Innovatronix which is cheaper than Vagabond and has more than twice the power of Vagabond, 2400watts so I can use 2-4 heads at the same time which is great!

It is very heavy to carry around but it's worth it!
it also can use to power any kind of electronics, I used it few times to charge my laptop, cellphone,etc when there is no power few times during the hurricane and when I was at the airport and couldn't find any wall socket.

You can check out some of my work using Innovatronix at www.merrywidjaya.com

Purchased At:   Innovatronix.com