- Browse Reviews:
Nikon SB-900 AF Speedlight Flashes
The SB-900 i-TTL Speedlight leads the Nikon Creative Lighting System delivering the portability, power and versatility to support any photographer’s creative lighting imagination. Nikon’s Flagship Creative Lighting System Speedlight: Powerful and versatile SB-900 works as a stand-alone flash, featuring wireless operation as a Commander or wireless remote light source. The SB-900's Wireless Commander Mode offers wireless control at the master Speedlight position. Four wireless channel options allow you to manage wireless conflicts in multiple photographer environments. The Rotary Select Dial sets key flash functions quickly—a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation. The SB-900 provides zoom coverage from 17-200mm in the FX-format and 12-200mm coverage in the DX-format.
Submitted by Fotomode a Expert
Date Reviewed: January 19, 2009
Strengths: - Very accurate and stable on light, even on many pictures
- Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 17-200mm zoom range,
- Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution,
- Improved booster circuit for high-speed recycle time: Recycle time using four AA-size batteries is almost equal to the SB-800 with five AA-size batteries,
- Firmware update via Nikon D300, D700 and D3,
- Improved switch panel for enhanced usability,
- Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to three remote SB-900s or other compatible Speedlight groups controlled through the master SB-900.
Weaknesses: None so far.
l bought this flash to replace my SB800. What l love from this flash is the main switch that you can turn to put the falsh on remote instead to programm it like the SB800. SO it is faster.
Duration Product Used: 21+ years
Price Paid: $530.00
Purchased At: Zone 5, Quebec city
Similar Products Used: Nikon SB-28
Type of photography: People
Check out our holiday gift suggestions for these categories!
See All Holiday Gift Guide coverage - Click Here »