Home | Reviews | Online Imaging Services | Photo Sharing & Printing | Fotki

Fotki Photo Sharing Community Photo Sharing & Printing

2.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Create online photo albums with unlimited storage! Share your photos with friends and family or the world!
  • Create public and private photo albums
  • Order high quality photo prints at very low price
  • Protect your folders and albums with password
  • Read comments about photos and guest book messages that your friends have left

Submitted by Denali Flyer a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2014

Strengths:    Easy to navigate, lots of options for loading photos

Weaknesses:    Poor customer service with responses designed to allow Fotki more time to sort out its various issues.

Bottom Line:
    The biggest problem I have with Fotki is that many of my photographs are mysteriously "Temporarily Off Line" There are 18 pictures "Off-line" out of one album alone. Many of those photos have been off line for over a week. This has been an ongoing problem for years and affects many of my older albums.

I realize Fotki had some serious problems while relocating all of its servers to somewhere in the Baltic region, but we're now supposed to believe that all is well. It's not. Responses from Customer Service are a long time in coming and seem more designed to placate while allowing Fotki ever more time to correct its various issues.

Another problem I've experienced was security. Once I went to the fotki site to access my albums and was taken to another person's albums with full ability to make changes to those albums. This must have happened to my albums as well because one day I found a photo of some lady mixed in amongst my photos (actually replacing one) that I definitely didn't add. An alert to Fotki about this remains unanswered.

Keep in mind, most of my photos display just fine and the Fotki site is easy to navigate. However, the on-going "Temporarily Off-Line" problem affecting so many of my photos is unacceptable and Fotki doesn't seem to have an answer for it.

Submitted by Sick_Of_It a Expert

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2014

Strengths:    You get what you are paying for when with their so called Free Service

Weaknesses:    False advertizing - features listed as available in a subscription type need extra fees to get them enabled.
    Pictures were offline for countless mounts when they moved to their "upgraded" facilities.

Bottom Line:
    Extra bells and whistles were added over the years but the value of what you get as a paying member keeps decreasing.

I'm extremely disappointed with Fotki and now shopping for something else.

Oh btw, good luck trying to leave a negative comment on their sites. They only publish positive ones.

Submitted by GirlWonder a Intermediate

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2009

Strengths:    Nice website and layout. Easy to upload pictures.

Weaknesses:    HORRIBLE support. I dare you to try and call their customer support number! I have never been able to get through to anyone - their automated system will just tell you that "support is not available at this time" and then hang up on you.

If you are looking for photo prints, look elsewhere. These guys will take your money, and you'll never get your photos!

Bottom Line:
    I have been a fotki user for 6 years and 5 months according to my account information. I have used them for photo hosting as well as prints in the past.

Their photo hosting service is decent, but not worth the price. There are much cheaper hosts out there who provide the same service.

Most recently, I ordered some prints, it was a small order - 20 prints. Three weeks later, I have no prints, and I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at fotk about my order - which has been marked "in print" for THREE WEEKS!! They could have printed one photo a day at this rate ... Emails and tickets have gone un-answered, and their phone system doesn't work.

Submitted by brosen67 a Beginner

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2004

Strengths:    lots of features

Weaknesses:    SLOW website.

Bottom Line:
    Fotki has several features that I like, however, the Fotki website is way to SLOW. It can be very frustrating to use at times. I am considering canceling my membership if things do not improve.

Purchased At:   Fotki

Submitted by Susan a Casual

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2003

Strengths:    Ease of use -- my 15 year old niece "got it" right away and set up her own album. No bothersome advertisments or popups. Great customer support if needed. Can set up hyperlonks to albums

Weaknesses:    Fotki name sounds weird to some Americans. The word "Fotki" is actually Russian slang for "photos"

Bottom Line:
    Did much research before choosing this site to set up extensive photo albums. Several key bonuses: No ads on site; can upload photos in bulk; can set up organized complicated folders containing multiple albums or set up only a simple album; viewers do not need to give their Email address or set up a password; Fotki members can choose to have open "public" albums or password protect them; several framing options, etc.