Clik Elite Medium Nature Backpacks

Available At:
Medium Nature

On day trips into the woods, mountains, jungles, or desert, the BackCountry Medium Nature does it all. Keep your camera and lenses safe and snug between Cradle Dividers in a fully adjustable, Velcro-lined camera bay. Carry food, clothes, and personal gear in a separate compartment. Whether hiking, biking, or skiing, you’ll appreciate the compact design and comfortable, adventure-worthy harness.

User Reviews (3)

Chris from Asheville   Expert [Mar 16, 2010]
Strength:

Construction, utility and fit

weight and the need for a bigger hydration sleeve to accommodate 100 oz bladders.

I have been wanting a pack to mountain bike with that fit well and didn't interfere with my hydration system....There just weren't any that I found that worked. I Have a Lowepro fanny pack and a Lowepro chest pack. They just didn't work well for me especially in technical terrain.

While the Clik Elite Medium Nature Pack was bigger than both it mostly eliminated the need for a hydration pack...except for longer rides. I use a 100 oz hydration pack on longer rides and this pack is good for 70 oz.

The construction is top notch with enough room for a camera body or two with short lenses(one body with a longer telephoto and a couple of shorter prime or zoom lenses.)

Where the pack delivers is in fit. I have a Tamrak Explorer 7 that holds a lot but just doesn't fit well. Even though the Clik Elite Medium Nature Pack can weigh you down loaded it really doesn't compromise where you want to ride or ski. I was able to do a nice cross country skiing outing in Yellowstone where it worked as advertised. I carried a 1D mk III with a 100-400 f4.5-5.6 along with a 7D with a 15-85 lens.

All weather outings are no problem with the built in rain fly.

Definitely sturdy enough for some mountain biking and hiking adventures this spring and summer.

None needed

Similar Products Used: Lowepro toploader 70 AW, and Lowepro fanny pack. Main bag is a Tamrak Explorer 7.
Available At:
Anthony Reiss   Professional [Oct 13, 2009]
Strength:

Built specifically for rough country and outdoors. Other backpacks are built for urban design and they are well and good, but this model is for real rough and tough.
Well specified materials and components that would stand the outdoors.
Well thought of weight distribution design using adjustable harness and belts.
It sure dries quickly.

I wouldn’t mind using bigger snap click locks. When you’re wearing leather gloves, the small clip locks are difficult to snap open.

I love things that are totally different from the norm. At first grab just out of the box, this backpack exudes toughness and practicality, unlike other photo gear backpacks that are designed for urban environments. You literally could use it straight out from the package and onto the trek. The adjustable shoulder harness from XS, S, M, L to XL is a great design plus. It has the look of toughness all over, even at first glance. The colour scheme of gray and bright vermillion appeals to the eye. Lots of modular compartments and sleeves protected from the elements by clever protective designs such as lip covers on zippers.
I personally could fit a D70s on it’s side, and a D5000 on it’s bottom and have a couple of lenses sandwiched in between using the main compartment. This is after struggling with the adjustable Velcro lined padded dividers for a few minutes. The struggle was more of the way these padded velcros just STICK and stay stuck! I had to rip and adjust several times, because they sure could exhibit a strong grip!
There are two major compartments, one on top of the other. The bottom one I use for camera gear and the top one for survival essentials such as food, water, first aid kit, GPS, etc.

Not Needed

Similar Products Used: LowePro and Pelican
CaraRose   Casual [Sep 04, 2009]
Strength:

Sturdy, well built, with tons of pockets and features. The water reservoir is nice though I wasn't able to get the reservoir for it before my trip to try it out.

Heavy. This pack weighs quite a bit its own. Add the weight of my camera gear and it was really too heavy for me, though I don't think it would be as bad if I was in better shape. The waist belt is also was too short for my waist, even fully adjusted to its max length. This made it even harder to use at full weight without a waist belt to help distribute the weight down to my hips and back.

A really nice, innovative pack. A little heavy, and a few bits of the designs of the straps could use to be adjusted, but one I would recommend.

Did not use

Similar Products Used: Generic camera pack.