Domke F-802 Reporter's Satchel Hard Case

F-802 Reporter's Satchel

User Reviews (1)

The Kanbi   Intermediate [Feb 29, 2008]

Light, large capacity, well made, extremely practical layout and features

Not sure how waterproof the cotton canvas is, the Billingham Hadley I have had for 15yrs has been leak tight through tropical storms.

If you want a lot of padding as standard this is not the bag for you, however separate inserts are available.

The materials and finish can't match a Billingham

Not as easy to open as a Billingham, the metal main snap hook requires a lot of pressure, however this could be an advantage if stopping thieves is important to you.

This appears to be an expensive bag for the feature set, only time will tell if the cotton canvas will outlast the storm block canvas on my Hadley.

After destroying a number of lap top bags I decided to get something which didn't have zips for the main compartments. (I kept on breaking the zips)

This bag will fit everything I am willing to carry on an international flight as hand luggage (which is quite a lot!). Its nice and light and well made. The cotton canvas has a nice feel and the bag doesn't scream steal me! I used to carry a lap top bag and separately carry a Nikon D200 and a spare lens in a Lowe Pro camera case plus a street and field lens case which I attached to the camera case.

Now every fits in the one bag (the Lowe Pro case fits inside the F802 with the straps unhooked) and leaves my hands free at passport and security checks

Not needed

Similar Products Used: Billingham Hadley, Billingham 225, Lowe Pro Orion Trekker, Lowe Pro Street and Field pouches and belts.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |