AOL PhotoCam 3 Megapixels and Smaller

PhotoCam

User Reviews (65)

Colesta Jackson   Casual [Dec 02, 2006]
Strength:

None

The camera in itself is a weakness.

The camera is a fair product at best. It did not come with a memory card and tech support was not helpful at all. I would not recommend the AOL PhotoCam Plus to anyone. The photos I took were grainy. The only photos I have taken with this camera were evidence of a home invasion. The photos weren't good quality. I have had this camera in my posession for at least 5 years and it simply sits on a shelf collecting dust.

charles nasso   Casual [Sep 15, 2006]

since i have this camera, the lcd stays lit and kills batteries, i have talked to the support at pretec and i was told to remove the batteries, thats no way to run a company

HPauko   Casual [Apr 15, 2006]
Strength:

Good pictures, easy to use, great starter camera for the kids

Camera is sort of big, Battery latch design, no zoom

I took a few pictures with this camera and it seemed to have good quality. But, as soon as i tried to replace the batteries, the compartment latch broke. I've tried to fix the problem with zip ties and velcro, but with no success. I cannot get the latch to stay closed tight enough for the batteries to work unless i hold it myself. A big pain. I was wondering if anyone has had the latch repaired and if so how much did it cost or do you need to replace the whole camera?

Similar Products Used: Just bought a HP Photosmart R717, I used it on vacation, So far I love it. It takes great pictures, easy to use and has many great features. Cost about $250.
Trudy   Casual [Dec 28, 2003]
Strength:

NONE

Everything

I thought I was getting a really good buy when I purchased this camera from AOL but was I ever fooled. It is a piece of junk. For the price I paid for it I could have bought a really nice digital camera.

Tonya Turner   Expert [Aug 24, 2003]
Strength:

It's name....AOL...But people are learning about every service they provide so the name won't last long.

Everything about it

I was so excited to get a digital camera. I have 5 kids and as many pictures as we take I just knew a digital would be a God send. Think again. The screen is dark, batteries don't even last long enough to fill up 1/2 the memory. The battery door broke. What the heck!! And no ones knows who can fix it and no online or phone support.

Customer Service, you tell me the number cause no one else knows it.

Similar Products Used: None that I know of. I bought another camera at WalMart that was better than this.
kc8trp   Beginner [May 04, 2003]
Strength:

everything!comes ready to run right out of the box!

none!

im new to dig.cameras.and figured why go out and pay an arm and a leg for somthing to begin with!but now that i have this camera i will prob. buy another for backup! user friendly,great photos,and light weight!great camera for 70 dollars!

betty   Casual [Oct 24, 2002]
Strength:

Easy and compact.

Good camera for casual use.

I need a copy of AOL Photcam plus software. Can someone direct me?

ridsbabe   Intermediate [Oct 04, 2001]
Strength:

Small, light, flash is powerful.

sucks the batteries dry quickly if using the display mode.

For a casual digital camera, it''s been an awesome camera. Small enough to take anywhere, takes awesome pictures! Sometimes the flash pics come out better than my more expensive cameras.

haven''t needed