Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 6 to 7 Megapixel

Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 6 to 7 Megapixel

Get closer than ever with the Cybershot DSC-H2 digital camera from Sony. With its incredible 12X optical zoom lens combined with Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization system you can capture stunning long-distance images with minimized blurring, even during longer exposures. It is conversion lens compatible so you can easily add optional telephoto and wide-angle lenses for even greater optical range.

USER REVIEWS

[Jul 23, 2010]
GeekAustin
Casual

Strength:

Takes pictures

Shutter Button Pops Off

Do you have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 camera? Did your shutter button just POP OFF? Are you mad that your $400 Cybershot is now useless due to their design flaw?

Well jump on in! We're gonna do something about it. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/SonyClassAction

[Sep 30, 2009]
GinaS
Casual

Defective merchandise that makes the camera useless. Company that doesn't care about its customers.

I liked the camera until one day I heard a "ping" and found that the shutter button had popped off while it was sitting on a counter. I had only had it about 18 months and had paid over $400 for it. I am so angry at Sony that I will never buy another of their products. They KNOW it is their design flaw and do not stand behind their products. They wanted $181 to repair it. People who have had theirs repaired reported the next button also fell off.

I will buy Canon. I had a video camera with a defect and they made it easy to get repaired at no cost to the customer.

[Sep 01, 2009]
aitorsunn
Intermediate

Strength:

I like the colours in the images, the menus, the lot of modes and options, the 12 x zoom, good performance in any situacion.

I don't have any problem with this camera after 23.000 photographs.

I had a sony dsc p-72 (or 82, I'm not sure) and wanted to buy a camera with more options, and more zoom.

Ok

Anyone.

[Dec 07, 2008]
Ron Aiello
Casual

Strength:

Fairly fast start up, shutter response, and takes AA batteries.

Shutter button breaks easily, customer service

Do yourself a favor and do not purchase a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 camera. The shutter button is designed poorly and will fail. Ours has broken 3 times in the last 18 months of casual use. Twice it popped off when nobody was using it! Researching the internet I found many people with similar stories. Sony obviously knows this camera has a problem but in my experience will not resolve this issue. I would suggest passing this camera up and looking elsewhere.

Not helpful, slightly rude.

Several Kodak digital cameras as well as an old but reliable Olympus slr digital camera (first series)

[Oct 19, 2008]
ydebbiey
Casual

Strength:

Very nice pictures, easy to use.

Shutter button has fallen off 3x!

I have the Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 and have also experienced the problem with the shutter button. Had it repaired 2x in 2007 and now the button fell off again yesterday for the third time! I love the pics but am very discouraged with the workmanship in this camera. I would not recommend the camera for the simple fact that they obviously have an issue with this - finding lots of other postings online!

Have had to send the camera back 2x already for shutter button repair; however, not sure if this time they'll tell me it's out of warranty. Online the website quoted me $141 for repairing a $4 part! Not happy with that - writing and calling to complain and see what happens. Less than 1 1/2 years old and already all this - not good for a $300+ camera!

[May 02, 2008]
Amy
Casual

purchased for business use within 19 months & rarely using the camera the button has fell off. Repair shops want to charge $200 and Sony wants $20 for a new button but you still have to take the camera apart to install the button back in. If you do some research on the internet you will see this is a very popular issue with the camera.

Very dissappointing because for the price your paying for this camera Sony should do the repairs for free obviously it's not the consumers fault.

[Jul 20, 2007]
K. Brothers
Intermediate

Strength:

-Wonderful for macro shots
-12x zoom is the best I've seen from a point and shoot
-Carl Zeiss lens
-Great Clarity
-Super steady shot
-Great colors
-Very good battery life

-The buttons are easy to push by mistake
-All the features can be a bit intimidating at first, especially to someone new to photography
-control button is a little difficult to operate, especially if you have big fingers

Having previously used a DSLR, I was a bit leery of this camera, especially after feeling how light it is. My doubts were gone once I took my first picture. The quality and clarity of the photos are amazing. This camera takes incredible macros, and 12x zoom is actually better than that of the DSLR (Olympus E-500 w/ kit lenses).

n/a

n/a

[Jul 08, 2007]
Jaime
Intermediate

I love this camera. It takes great picture's. I am starting a photo bussiness and am using this camera to start it. It takes great picture's..

[Jun 14, 2007]
Kristy
Intermediate

Excellent camera, despite the common shutter button issue. One piece of advice: do not contact Sony about the button or send the camera back to repair. Sony wants to charge nearly $20.00 for another button, while Tiger Direct and many sellers on Ebay only charge half of this value. The button can easily be popped back into place on your own.
Quality wise, the camera is wonderful. A description for each dial setting pops up on the display screen--great for beginners-- and the macro setting is superb as well. It's a bulky build, but lightweight.
I highly recommend this camera, just keep a close watch on the shutter release button.

[May 26, 2007]
PeteJ
Casual

Strength:

Self destructs

Shutter button self destructs - bad design problem.

I just had the shutter button problem. I found the button but not the spring. Under a microscope it looks like fatigue of the plastic shaft. Either the shaft is too fine for the spring or the spring is too strong, or most likely both.

This camera has no legs, not recomended.