Sony Cybershot DSC-T9 6 to 7 Megapixel

Sony Cybershot DSC-T9 6 to 7 Megapixel 

DESCRIPTION

Preserve natural memories indoors without a flash using the Sony 6.0 megapixel DSC-T9 digital still camera. The DSC-T9 features 58MB built-in Flash Memory and a 2.5" Clear Photo LCD Plus Screen for easier shot framing.

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-1 of 1  
[Nov 08, 2006]
stib
Intermediate

Strength:

Size. Very pocketable
Screen. The screen has a wide viewing angle and is usable in bright sunlight.
Image stabilization. It is effective to some degree.
Ease of use.

Weakness:

No manual controls.
Has a tendency to overexpose at the cost of longer shutter speeds.

The T2 is actually my wife's camera. A little background regarding our camera choice. She bought it as a replacement for her Sony P-200 (a great little camera by the way). She wanted something a little more pocketable and cuter looking that her old P200. One of the major reasons why she chose the T2 was also the image stabilization function.

After using the T2, she is still happy with her choice of camera, and after my old F717 died, our T2 was our sole camera for about 3 months. For me, I found the lack of manual control frustrating. I also was puzzled by the T2's insistance on low shutter speeds (nor aperture priority or shutter priority modes), which necessitated the use of their image stabilization system. I found the T2 also had tendency to over-expose images. My wife on the other hand did not feel at all constrained by a lack of manual controls. While no doubt she likes the images taken by our Nikon D200, she is also satisfied by the images taken by her T2. She also enjoys the movie mode of the T2. My F717 had a very poor video mode (it did allow you to zoom while shooting though) and my D200 has no movie mode at all, so for little video snippets, we're using the T2.

I think as long as you know the limitations of this camera, you can be satisfied with its use. It is not a serious camera. There is a severe limitation in the level of manual control in this camera - just about everything is automatic. But it takes good snap shots. It is very portable. And it has a built-in image stabilization system. If you are looking for a camera with a little more manual control, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a decently small, image stabilized, automatic exposure camera, the T2 is a decent choice.

Similar Products Used:

Sony P-200

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-1 of 1  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

photographyreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com