Olympus FE-4010 Above 10 Megapixel

FE-4010

Get everyone in the shot with the 12 megapixel FE-4010. The camera’s 4x wide-angle optical zoom lens easily handles close-ups of large groups, indoors and out. And if you’re into shooting video, you’ll love how easy it is to upload right to YouTube. The camera automatically tracks the movements of energetic photo targets like kids and pets and continuously adjusts the focus and brightness to capture them sharply with ease. Add a little extra dimension of drama or enchantment by applying a filter effect, such as Pop Art, Pinhole or Fisheye. Even with all of its jam-packed functions and features, the camera sports a super-slim body with a premium dark grey, pearl white or magenta finish, and a sleek, ergonomic design with a 2.7” high-resolution LCD.

User Reviews (6)

Fadzil Shah   Intermediate [Jan 11, 2013]
Strength:

size and weight

generally poor quality pictures.

better to avoid

Djae   [Dec 10, 2012]
Strength:

Takes great photos

It took me a while to figure the settings out then my photos came out crystal clear. I am an artist and use it daily. I've dropped it twice in water and works perfect. I have no complaints.

I wouldn't recommend this to someone who is not patient. There are too many minor details to just pick up and go. You need to choose what kind of photo you are taking. I would recommend this for someone who take time to figure out the product first.

Jo Hrusovsky   Intermediate [Jul 08, 2011]
Strength:

zero!

Product returned under warranty due to a negative screen. Received replacement within a reasonable time, but after a few months the replacement has the same problem.

JT CONNECTICUT   Intermediate [Dec 05, 2010]
Strength:

pretty looking camera, lightweight

Battery or charger defective, doesn't stay charged. Manufacturer overcharges for camera supposedly under warranty, problem never verified.

This was a Christmas gift in 2009. As I have several cameras, I didn't use this often. First real opportunity was in June 2010 at a special occasion. The battery would not stay charged for more than approx 15 pictures, altho I was shutting the camera off in between. I tried it a couple of more times, with the same problem. As the charger and batteries are expensive, I sent it back to the mfgr, as it should still be under warranty. Besides having to pay $11 to ship it, they want $62 to fix it! So, I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND purchasing this camera or giving it as a gift.

Didn't really get any service; problem not validated.

Similar Products Used: KODAK AND CANON DIGITAL CAMERAS
LarKing   Intermediate [Apr 13, 2010]
Strength:

looks good

Worst camera I have ever owned.

Olympus FE 4010 I have nothing good to say about this camera. It is the worst digital camera I have ever owned. Pictures look very grainy especially when you enlarge the photo much at all. Poor low light quality. Poor battery life, it's worse than any point and shoot digital camera I have owned. I have an old 4 megapixel Sony camera that takes way better pictures then this FE 4010. Poor photo editing software. This camera has convinced me to never purchase another Olympus camera. They must be getting them made in China. Wow I looked and it says it was made in Indonesia. I own an Olympus SLR camera also and all I can say good about that camera was that it had low price. This company has become a junk dealer and they don't care. They know that there are suckers born every day. I admit that I was suckered twice but I assure you there won't be a third time.

They don't give a dam. Never got a reply to e-mail complaints I sent.