Leica M9 Digital SLRs

M9

The 18-megapixel Leica M9 is the world s first digital system camera of its size to be built with a full-frame sensor - a CCD sensor developed specifically for the M9 - that is capable of perfectly capturing the full 35-mm format (24 36 mm) in ultra-high resolution. The new M9 - in the familiar, classic, and timeless M design, represents the quintessence of its predecessors based on the consummate technological level of our time. It is the perfect contemporary tool for those who set the highest standards in image quality and are committed to creating images of enduring value.

User Reviews (1)

Paul S. Bartholomew   Professional [Apr 27, 2011]
Strength:

Compact size, superior image quality, simple menu settings and it's a beautiful camera

Slow processing and the LCD screen should be higher resolution for such a high price.

Leica didin't disappoint with the M9 and I was pleased to finally have a digital Leica M and retire the M7. The image quality is incredible as expected and I find the DNG format a wise decision for Leica. Very intuitive menu setup too.

I love this camera and take it with me everywhere I go. The compact size makes this easy and people don't react to the M9 and ask if I'm a photographer. I like to blend in and look like a tourist.

Was on a waiting list for over 4 months before the M9 came in. Not the Leica dealers fault though. I highly suggest Leica to establish a professional service for M users. Len CPU updates took 6 weeks and no priority for pro photographers.