Linhof Technorama 612 PC II Medium Format

Linhof Technorama 612 PC II Medium Format

• Medium format panoramic camera
  • 2:1 aspect ratio
  • Two interchangeable lenses (58 and 135 mm)
  • 8mm lens rise for perspective control

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 07, 2018]
    Rodney
    Intermediate

Strength:

If you are looking for a solid, heavy, large camera to take 6x12 photographs look no further. I recently purchased a 612 PC II and I have been taking the camera with me almost everywhere I go. The viewfinder is well made and provides a very good representation of the scene. This is a very large camera so be prepared to carry the increased weight with you when you go out and about. Many people suggest that it is a tripod only camera but I can shoot it at F22 and 1/30th of a second a get sharp photos. Your mileage may very on your ability to hand shoot the camera. One of the things I like about this camera is the the body is extremely solid and well build. The camera does not have any electronics and does not take any sort of battery. This is the type of camera that requires a user to understand the basics of photography. My camera has the 65mm lens and I have been impressed with the quality of the photographs. I suggest using the center filter but prepared for very slow shutter speeds so you might need a tripod when you go shooting. I am happy with my purchase and would buy the camera again if something happens to it.

The price? Good grief is this camera and lens expensive.

If you like wide panoramic prints, this just might be the camera for you. There is not a lot of articles written about it so you will have to dig deep for information on the web. Be prepared for a very large and durable camera. I had no idea it was so large when it showed up on my doorstep.

OVERALL