Canon Sure Shot Z155 Point and Shoot

Sure Shot Z155

35mm Autofocus, autoexposure point-and-shoot camera

User Reviews (2)

Edward Lusby   Expert [Feb 05, 2004]
Strength:

Great optics; zoom lens up to 155mm gives it great versatility; many different shooting modes are quite useful; personal setting remembers any mode you set up

Reliability?

This is a great little camera. I wanted a small camera that I could take anywhere and use for snaps. The photos are very sharp for a point and shoot. Reliability may be an issue: after 18 mo. or so, the auto film speed detector wouldn't work, and the camera had to be sent back to Canon for repair.

The camera was repaired in 2 weeks; pretty fast.

Similar Products Used: I wouldn't use earlier versions of sureshots because the sharpness was terriable. This one is sharp enough to satisfy experienced photographers.
OVERALL
Available At:
JLightner   Intermediate [Dec 16, 2003]
Strength:

Small, light, good flash and zoom, simple layout with flexibility of a dial that allows you to switch based on circumstances of your picture (which very few P/S camaras have), sharp results

Date and caption features are a waste for more advanced users

I just purchased this camara to compliment my SLR. I was wanting something small and light to carry around on site seeing trips as opposed to carrying my big camara bag and this little guy was a blessing. Granted, I've only had one roll developed, but I put the camara through very different tests and I was quite happy with the results. The results are a tad below those of my SLR.

Not needed