Beseler 23C Series Enlargers

Beseler 23C Series Enlargers

The 23CIII-XL offers a uniquely designed negative stage control which makes alignment easier and more precise than ever before. Improved rack-and-pinion elevation provides exceptionally smooth magnification adjustments while a new, positive locking mechanism assures that magnification settings do not shift during focus or exposure.

USER REVIEWS

[Apr 19, 2013]
Brent
Intermediate

Strength:

Yes it is well made, and designed with very descent features!

Over time the bellows begin to cause problems by detaching themselves around the brim, I had to re-glue mine in certain places. Bellows cracking also can be a problem.

I mainly use it for my 120 film enlarging, and is still a pleasure to use!

I use my Leitz Enlarger for 35mm negatives which has no bellows to worry about. The only disadvantage using my Leitz is it's difficult raising & lowering the hed, unlike the Besler which is better designed for that part.

[Sep 12, 2009]
Patrick
Expert

Strength:

Very well made. Extremely high quality!

None!

This enlarger is amazing and after some reasearch I would say is one of the best! I HIGHLY recceomend it! It was crafted by Besler with much care!

Beseler has great customer service.

[Nov 08, 2006]
aoresteen
Expert

Strength:

Solid, handles negatives up to 2 1/4 and 3 1/4 inches in size. Beseler still makes them.

Older models are difficult to align left to right, no wall mount kit avaiable.

I've used the 23C since 1981 and I have three of them. Great enlargers and accessories & parts are easy to obtain.

Beseler has very good customer support. Call them at 1-800 BESELER (800-237-3537) or 908.862.7999.

I have a website that lists accessories for the 23C at

It also has upgrade info as well.

I've used a Bogen 6x6 & Durst enlargers. I like th e23C better

[Jan 03, 2004]
R_ODonnell
Intermediate

Strength:

stability, adjustability, quality

Haven't found any yet.

The quality of this item is outstanding. Compared to an Omega D, the Beseler is comparable in sturdiness and surpasses the D in options.

Omega D, D2, and D3

[Sep 21, 2000]
paul robinson
Professional

Strength:

can handle all medium format negatives, sturdy,well built

had to replace elevation crank once

I would buy another one if the need ever arises,very happy with the preformance, the only reason I dont rate it higher is because nothing is prefect. I just wish everything I buy was as reliable as this. its on it 12th year and still going strong

very helpfull

none, I think I have the best

[Oct 25, 2000]
Chad Puerling
Expert

Strength:

Well built and fully adjustable.
Handles film up to 120.
I actulay perfer the model with the dichroic color head on it. I perfer the diffused light source and I like using the built in filters with variable contrast papers.

If the grears on each side aren't set just right you can have a parralax problem.
Forntunately its adjustable.
Set up takes a while due to a lot of points to align (mostly making sure the lens board is parallel to the baseboard).
I love having a filter holder above the lens but you can't fit any mounted filters in it (B&W model).

A solid performer.
A great enlarger to buy used. You can save a lot of money and since its design hasn't changed much in a long time, parts are easy to come buy.

Never used.

As a teacher I've used a lot of enlargers and this is one of the best.
Beseler 45MX
etc.

[Jan 04, 2001]
Mark Stedman
Intermediate

Strength:

Rock solid build. Very easy to get parts from eB*y. Handles up to 6x9 cm negs with the right mask. Wide availability of cold lamps and dichroic heads.

None?

Get a cold lamp and a good lens for it and you'll be very happy with your print quality. This is one of those pieces of equipment that you can own for 20 years and never need to upgrade.

Pretty good. They have their manuals online, from which I was able to figure out how to assemble some things, as mine was a bit of a basket case when I purchased it (23-CII XL)

None.

[Jan 11, 2001]
shant neshanian
Beginner

Strength:

very stable
easy to use
good value

none

very good product, would recomend. stable and reliable.

None

[Jun 22, 2001]
Nao Yokoyama
Intermediate

Strength:

Very Affordable, easy to use and assemble and with a reliable sturdy build. Attach a dichroic head and it does Black and white graded and variable contrast as well as colour papers.

None so far. The cyan filter was unhinged by shipping but it snapped back into place without a problem.

Not one regret. Very good product.

There if you need to know which part goes with which model.

Old Beseler Condenser Enlarger