Sto-fen Omni-Bounce Flash Accessories

Available At:
Omni-Bounce

The Omni-Bounce creates a Diffused Bare Bulb Effect. Giving even coverage across the entire frame, with lenses from 15mm to 200mm in the 35mm format. The Omni-Bounce is easy to use and goes onto and off of your flash in seconds with custom fitting - no velcro necessary.

User Reviews (8)

Cartright   Intermediate [Nov 23, 2009]
Strength:

Light
Simple
Good value for money

Not really

Using the diffuser really makes it easier to take full-on flash shots without blinding subjects. It also is very effective in preventing harsh shadows in the background and the picture.

Physically, it fits the flash perfectly and is so light it sits the unobtrusively as if it were part of the flash itself. highly recommended.

Brilliant

Similar Products Used: OM-400
Available At:
vrsick   Intermediate [May 19, 2005]
Strength:

A must have for indoor photography!

none

I own an Olympus c8080 with FL-50 flash. Just got the omni-bounce. Imediately was satisfied with the results.

Excelent service

Trevor Ash   Casual [Dec 31, 2003]
Strength:

* Cheap * Small * Perfect design

None!

I love this little thing! I can guarantee you that every indoor event where I photograph people with a flash I have this thing with me. Of course, it does knock out a lot of the available flash power so sometimes I have to take it off. This is a great invention that is easy to carry in a bag and cheap. It makes the light quality much more natural. I use it on a 550EX and 420EX. Just put it on, point the flash at 65 degrees (or whatever that vertical notch is) and shoot!

Never used it.

Similar Products Used: Note cards, lumiquest
Tomu   Professional [Nov 12, 2003]
Strength:

Small, effective and super convenient! Never 'go out' without it. Is as good as glued onto my Speedlites.

When it works with the flash you are using...!

Sto-fen's little Omni Bounce is a very convenient piece of gear! It is small, effective and cheap. BUT unfortunately it doesn't works on all flashes! Bought one last year to use on my Metz 54MZ-3 in combination with my Canon gear (EOS-3's, EOS D60) and had to find out that it 'confused' the E-TTL sensor (on both types of camera's) by at least 2-stops! After confronting both Sto-fen and Metz with this problem, only the latter informed me that putting a diffuser (like the Omni Bounce) on their flash would to result in an over-exposure! Sto-Fen on the other hand insisted that everything should work as advertised... Guess I am more disappointed with the maker than with the product (which I happily started to use on my Speedlites!)

Bad, bad and bad!

Christian Maldonado Fisker   Professional [Jan 23, 2003]
Strength:

ALL! and i mean it,it removes harshness ,softens light,,more details..yes its that good..

None

This Stofen Omni Bounce is the best fifty bucks i have used on my beloved Vivitar 283(and285)FlashGuns.I also use it for Canon and Nikon flash as well. It works fantastic ! but please remember that you have ind mind to make F2,5 stop down,because the bounce reduce the light. Especially for portraits and a nice Kodak VC film or Fuji Portra,you will get great shots of people and other subjects in a real proffesional grade,my customers is more than satiesfied! Thanks Stofen! I will now try their other products,i hope they also turn out to be as good. Go and try for yourself.

Similar Products Used: ..
mepuppys   Intermediate [Jul 23, 2002]
Strength:

Even at 19mm it does the job very well.

It has my indoors too much in too many neat old buildings.

For such a simple product it produces just stunning results. I use it on a SUNPAK PZ4000 attached to my EOS3 mostly for indoor shooting with a Tokina 19-35 in places such as the Hitchcock Shaker Village, Sturbridge Village, and Plymouth Plantation, all in Massachutts. The common theme here is long dark narrow rooms. This little device has my flash flooding these areas with nice even bounce illumination. This has got to be the best $20 product out there for photography! Don't think about it, just buy one.

I had my order within 48 hrs of placement of my order thanks to their enlightened policy of shipping by U.S. Mail instead of the slow UPS ground turtle service so many others use. I love this kind of service.

lefty50   Intermediate [Jan 18, 2002]
Strength:

Easy on and off No red-eye Little or no shadow

None. It does the job

My flash pictures have never been this good. Wish I had had this when I was shooting weddings. My flash has enough power to allow 15 to 20'' without exposure comp. It has never been off my flash since I put it on. Your entire scene is fully covered with blanket of light

Won''t need it

Similar Products Used: None
Cowgirl   Intermediate [Jan 17, 2002]
Strength:

Strong plastic, no velcro, no glue. Easy to slip on/off and it stays put! Very professional looking, no bulky materials (minisoftbox) no sticky mess! Fairly cheap ($17.00)

A must have flash gadget! It takes a second to put on/take off, and you can see the results! It evens out the light produced from your hotshoe flash avoiding ''hotspots''. Very effective with a subject within 6-7 feet. Great for photojournalists, casual, or portrait, Beginner to Professional photographers. I use it for those candid people shots. I have two - one for my Canon 550ex and another for my 420ex flash.