Vivitar 5000 Macro Flash Flashes

Vivitar 5000 Macro Flash Flashes

Ideal for photographing tight detail shots with auto exposure range of 1-3 ft

• Automatic or manual operation for more control
  • Includes PC cord and adapter rings

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 13, 2017]
    JimmyA
    Expert

Strength:

dirt simple, physical size and low output fine for close work. I often shoot technical images and no fashion work, so the small ring size is preferred. I use it strictly in manual mode. No problem as I shoot products and the pace of work is very methodical. It came with a 49/52/55mm lens filter ring adapter so it mounts onto a favorite macro SMC Takumar that I use on a Sony A7II

not sure about sync interface to modern digital cams so I simply adapted it to my wireless flash triggers. No variator, but for the price who cares.

A specialized tool. Works when nothing else will; large ringflashes like the Hensel don't work as well for tight setups. I don't think it would work for fashion or portrait work- aside from the ring diameter the long recycle time would not be practical. It replaced an ancient Hershey Sun Ring (running off a Norman 200B pack, which produced too much output). I'd consider modding a second unit to act as a flashead for my smallest Dynalite pack to take advantage of the variator and the battery-free operation but for now it works fine. I get about 80-100 flashes off a set of 2 AA cells with consistent exposure. As I don't do catalog work it really isn't a problem.

n/a

Hensel, Hershey Sun RIng

OVERALL
    [Mar 22, 2005]
    Christiano
    Professional

Strength:

many.but its cheap and do the job properly

plasticky

very good flash for the money,try it,you ll be suprised,its a joy for small jobs and ansgiments and its cheap too.go for it.

none