Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM 35mm Primes

Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM 35mm Primes

This high-performance super-telephoto lens was designed with portability and handling ease in mind. One super UD-glass element, whose characteristics are similar to fluorite, and one UD-glass element result in sharp pictures. The lens also has a built-in hood and a detachable tripod mount.

USER REVIEWS

[May 13, 2022]
Kyzer

Strength:

I like the color, it looks clean and neat. door repair leander tx

Don't have it yet.

[May 06, 2022]
Toddclo

Strength:

This has been one of the most satisfying lenses I have ever bought. The sharpness and auto focus speed has been a real treat. www.mobiledetailersaustin.com/exterior-wash

none so far

[May 04, 2022]
Janwil

Strength:

This is a great product to purchase. lubbock dentist

Would love to have this.

[Apr 29, 2022]
rickluck90

Strength:

Hello, I am rick from tree removal in auburn al, I want to try this on my DSLR. Is this compatible with any brand?

Hopefully this will fit on my DSLR

[Nov 23, 2021]
Jelai Kim

Strength:

The lens also has a built-in hood and a detachable tripod mount. Fencing

None so far

[Nov 17, 2021]
JakeXyrus

Strength:

High-performance super-telephoto lens, highly recommended. Drywall Finishing

None so far

[Jul 16, 2021]
stussy

Strength:

We are sure that you'll find them beneficial to your needs. Pool Builders Port St Lucie If you're thinking about how long hot summers in Florida can make it difficult to stay cool and imagining yourself lounging by your very own pool, why not make the summer more enjoyable with a swimming-pool from us today?

none so far

[Jul 14, 2021]
katelinx

Strength:

Small, lightweight, Extremely sharp from f5.6 through f16, but sweet at f8. Very fast focusing. Cheap. -- Bathroom Remodel Tacoma

None so far.

[Feb 26, 2020]
jeffbozo

Strength:

I bought this for a trip to BC/Alaska, and it's my first Canon L lens. It may have cost me an arm and a leg, but it is solidly built and focuses very fast. I bought a monopod at the same time but it could really do with a pistol grip screwed into the lens's tripod bush when you're shooting hand-held (and if you're shooting bears, whales or bald eagles in flight, you WILL be). It may not have IS but I took most of my shots on this trip at 1/1000th or faster and it mostly wasn't a problem. But if you're shooting moving wildlife AND you've got the shakes it could be. One DISADVANTAGE of this lens is that if the wildlife gets TOO close, you'll wish you'd bought a zoom, but the quality advatntages of this being a prime lens outweigh those considerations. One of the features I particularly like about this lens is the extensible, built-in lens hood. It's a shame every lens can't have this option.

Used
[Feb 23, 2011]
Vijay Shastri
Intermediate

Strength:

Outstanding sharpness, well controlled flare characteristics, very little lateral colour, Minimal drop in sharpness with the 1.4 X EF teleconverter.

lack of USM, I guess that is about it

I am an extremely satisfied user of Canon 400 mm F 5.6 EFL lens. I have used this lens with variopus Canon bodies like Canon EOS 1RS, EOS 1N, EOS 3, EOS 1DS mark II, EOS 5D. I have had wonderful experience with all these bodies with excellent sharpness in the center of the frame. The edge sharpness is also very good although not on par with the central sharpness.

The auto focusing is extremely fast with all the bodies and the best performance is found with Canon EOS 1DS mark II. I have also used the lens with the Canon 1.4 EF converter. I have not seen any noticeable drop in sharpness on either of the film or digital bodies. I have used the lens for photographing small birds like the minivets, barbets, tailor bird, baya birds and the details that I have obtained are excellent. The best part of this lens is low CA and negligible lateral colour.

The bonus is that I am able to use auto focus with the extender attached on Canon EOS 1DS mark II. Even with the telec onverter, the auto focus was spot on. I guess that is the tribute to the auto focus system on the Camera!!

Satisfactory