Konica Minolta AF 20mm f/2.8 Maxxum 35mm Primes

AF 20mm f/2.8 Maxxum

User Reviews (6)

RST   Intermediate [Oct 02, 2010]
Strength:

Captures indoors and out with a flare. makes it easy to take photos and then crop portions without having to change lenes on the fly.

This lens is the best of my lot. Sharp, percise and does the job even when i think my settings are incorrect.

Hartanto   Intermediate [Jul 29, 2003]
Strength:

Solid Build yet light weight Fast Close to True color reproduction

Great lens. I do a lot of landscape photography, so this lens is a must. I was once skeptical of using prime lens. I prefer zoom due to the flexibility. But this lens change my point of view. The pictures are all pin sharp even at wide open (f2.8), Solid yet lightweight, colour is excellent, just nice, not too contrasty. Very very useful lens for landscape as well as the architectural photography. If you can find it, get it!! worth every cents.

None Needed

Similar Products Used: Cosina 19-35 f3.5-4.5 (Cheap and good) but not sharp enough unless stop down to f8.
James T   Expert [Jun 05, 2003]
Strength:

2.8, sharp, robust, great focus with dynax 7

NONE

Best $300 ever spent, addicted hell yeah!. Sharp,contrasty. Great lens for converging lines without that distorted look.

never

Similar Products Used: tamron sigma
Theo Lee   Expert [Sep 29, 2002]
Strength:

Solid built, full metal. No distortion. Fast. Very sharp. High contrast.

None

This is a great lense for architecture, interiors and urbanscape, also great for landscape. I have produced some wonderful images under complicated lighting conditions. Very high contract, fast, sharp and rich color rendition. I shot slide film, and printed in 11"x14", still very sharp details.

None

Similar Products Used: Nikon 24mm/2.0
Bryan Baughman   Expert [Oct 11, 2000]
Strength:

Very sharp, even wide open. Great color balance and contrast. Af is very quick, but this is a mute point for a 20mm. Internal focus. Good flare control. Low linear distortion.

You must be a little careful shooting into the sun. At certain angles aperture ghosting can be a problem.

This is a wonderful lense. It is my most commonly used super wide angle lense and I wouldn't travel without it.
I would probably replace it with Minolta's 17-35mm zoom if it wasn't so pricey.

not needed

Similar Products Used: 24 and 14 mm lenses
George Aycrigg   Professional [May 09, 2001]
Strength:

Very sharp,even wide open. Very quick autofocus.Weight and color balance are great.

Aperture ghosting when pointed too close to sun.

I bought this one from a local camera store as a refurbished lens. I use it extensively as a photojournalist and it has rewarded me with outstanding shots. I would reccommend this lens to anyone needing a good, very wide angle, sharp and nearly distortion free lens. You can become addicted to this one.

Not needed

Similar Products Used: Vivitar 19 mm.