Konica Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 35mm Primes

Available At:
MD 50mm f/1.4

Out-of-production manual focus lens.

User Reviews (8)

woody3s   Intermediate [Jan 21, 2009]
Strength:

Image quality. Sharpness. Build quality. Lightweight and small.

Bit soft wide open (same as my AF 50mm). Limited up to F16 only.

Even though I already own a Sony 50mm 1.4 AF, I still bought this lens yesterday. It was damn cheap and in mint condition. Went home and affixed it to an MD to AF mount on my Sony A700. Worked like a dream. the Stopped down, the images were pin sharp....amazing for an over 20 year old lens. On my bulky A700, it looks almost too petite but it's light weight is definitely a plus point.

NA

Similar Products Used: Sony AF 50mm 1.4
Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX
Minolta AF 85mm 1.4
Available At:
Wayne Turk   Intermediate [Nov 20, 2005]
Strength:

Fairly fast and well built. Can be purchased at a low cost. Good standard lens to have.

None

Very, very good general purpose 50mm lens. The MD models are lighter and smaller the the older MC models, and seam to take sharper pictures. For the money a very nice lens.

Never Needed it Yet.

Similar Products Used: Many Minolta Rokkor Lens.
jackwoo   Expert [Apr 28, 2004]
Strength:

Low price.

None.

Sharp. f1.4

garygsandhu   Intermediate [Oct 27, 2003]
Strength:

1.4 f stop

no f 22

super sharp with excellent bokah. Rated at 150 lpm in an old review (sharp as they get). Solid feel.

n/a

Similar Products Used: MD and MC lenses for minolta. A few canon and nikon lenses
Photo-cool   Intermediate [Feb 13, 2002]
Strength:

Quality color balance and sharpness. F1.4 can be a low light life saver. Survived a 5 foot drop without a scratch on the paint. Inexpensive!

When I go to clean it, I often catch myself wasting time staring at the beauty of the maroon coated glass.

When I first got it with my x-700, I thought it was just a standard color, standard focal length, standard sharpness lens. From the results I got back, I could make only two conclusios. It was a pro lens, or Minolta has very high standards.

not needed

Similar Products Used: Minolta Af 50mm f1.7, 28mm f2.8, Tamron SP 90mm f2.5
snackelroy   Intermediate [Dec 30, 2001]
Strength:

-Easy to find used -Inexpensive -Very sharp -Enormous max f-stop -Great feel to the focus ring -Small

-Can only be stopped down to f/16

I got this lens amazingly cheap because it has a tiny scratch on the front element, which has no effect on the picture quality. I am a nature/landscape photographer primarily, but this is my people and around the city lens. The flexibility of f1.4 is wonderful, allowing one to take non-flash pictures in the lowest of light. I just got back two rolls from Christmas that I''m really happy with. Sharp results with great background blur thanks to the big aperture. The only thing that''s somwhat limiting is that it can only be stopped down to f/16. I reached the limit with my camera''s shutter speed the other day using 400 speed film and shooting in bright daylight.

na

Similar Products Used: -Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 -Kiron MD 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 -Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5
Pasi Perander   Intermediate [Jun 13, 2001]
Strength:

Strong structure. Exellent quality.
Sharpness.
Cheap!

Don´t find yet.

Absolutely great price/value! Take this and you don´t need to spend extra money to Nikon or Canon.

No idea.

Similar Products Used: My first non zoom objektiv.
Lok Kok Tiong   Intermediate [Jul 28, 2001]
Strength:

Solid body construction. Very sharp lens.

My is MD-Rokkor version I got it quite ex. About the same price as auto version.

Most of my photo turn out a little bright as compare to my auto version. But color lab operator said that is the correct exposure as every setting is at normal.