Zeiss 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar T* 35mm Primes

Zeiss 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar T* 35mm Primes

This macro lens provides a normal perspective and allows for close focusing down to 1: 2. The Makro-Planar T* 2/50 uses a new lens design which incorporates fl oating elements to ensure high performance across a wide focusing range. As a result, the lens can be used for non-macro applications and becomes a versatile ‘standard’ lens when used with a full frame camera. The fast f/2 aperture and distortion-free performance enables wide-open photography with a short depth-of-field without compromising the image quality. The Makro-Planar T* 2/50 is available with the F bayonet (ZF) and K bayonet (ZK) lens mounts and is designed for use with full-frame SLR and DSLR cameras. Combined with a DSLR with a 1.5 crop factor, the lens becomes a focal length of 75 mm.

USER REVIEWS

[Feb 19, 2020]
jeffbozo

Strength:

I demand a high quality 50mm "normal" lens. Normal lenses spend the most time on my camera, and are useful in practically any situation. I used and ultimately sold several other 50mm lenses before arriving at this Makro-Planar option. Now I have finally found the keeper. Let me explain why: * Excellent contrast and color reproduction * Ability to focus from 10" to infinity means I'm Never bumping up against minimum focal distances * Shooting wider than f/2 isn't, in my opinion, very useful * Focusing manually is very smooth, helped immensely by the focus confirmation, and more appropriate than auto-focus for most situations * 270 degrees of rotation on the focus ring allow very precise, minor adjustments to focus * Results from this lens are repeatedly stunning * The lens is physically small enough that it causes no portability issues. It feels very comfortable carrying around for extended periods of time. * This lens, plain and simple, does not distort or have chromatic aberrations. I cannot speak highly enough of this lens. It has become my workhorse lens, and rarely leaves my camera, and rarely my camera bag. If you are scared by lack of auto-focus, let me reassure that focusing manually, especially on a lens designed to only focus manually, is much easier than you may think. Overall, I give this lens 5 very well earned stars.

Purchased: