Pentax SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 35mm Zoom

Pentax SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 35mm Zoom

Designed exclusively for Pentax digital SLR cameras. This lens provides standard zoom lens coverage equivalent to a 27.5mm-84mm lens in the 35mm format.

• Angle of view: 76-29 Degrees
  • Aperture range: f/3.5-38
  • Min focus: 9.84 in.

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 22, 2007]
    johnnytseng
    Intermediate

Strength:

Compact size. Light weight.

Versatility of Zoom. Having a zoom ring.

Having a focus ring allows you to manual focus if desired.

Fully automatic with the Pentax *ist and K100D series bodies.

Use of 52mm filter is a good thing as most of my K lenses use 52mm.

Reversible bayonet style lens hood is really desirable.

Not convenient to use in manual mode. No aperture ring. (but then it is not meant to be used this way I guess)

Build quality is not like the old lenses. Plastic feel.

This lens came with the purchase of my Pentax *ist DS. Initially I did not make much of this lens as I was building up a collection of manual K lens. I was only going to use this in taking snap shots and travel pictures when carrying a bunch of my prime lenses are not practical.

So that's what I did. As time goes by, I notice that the picture quality of this lens is quite okay. I cannot compare it to some of my legendary primes but for most of the work it is very good.

For the price (in my case it came with the camera) it provides a very good value.

Not needed.