Ambico Tripods Tripods

Tripods

User Reviews (7)

DoctorBlackwell@aol.com   Intermediate [Nov 30, 2007]

Purchased my 2nd Ambico Tripod 5 weeks ago. The first one I had lost the lower leg (it just fell out while I was walking). I had only used it about 15-20 times, but figured it was just "one of those things that happens" occasionally.
Bought a 2nd one 5 weeks ago. Used it 3 times, and the lower leg fell out. Attempted to fix it, but cannot make it tight up enough to stay it.

Will never buy another Ambico product again. They may be well priced, but even at $20 or so, I don't want to replace them everytime I do some photography!

muffindog   Casual [Jan 08, 2005]
Strength:

None

Poor quality if parts break off

Had this tripod for about 3 yrs. The crank broke off so we cannot extend the height of the tripod. Emailed Ambico as the box states it has a lifetime warranty. No reply even after emailing them twice.

Extremely poor to say the least!!!!!

Similar Products Used: None
pontifex bmp   Intermediate [Jul 11, 2004]
Strength:

-very light weight -cheap (if not free) -movelble head -for the price not bad at all!

-not srong at all -no level -for the price not bad at all!

i got this tripod a while back for free (not a good model came with a camera bag or somthing). I clip it to my camera bag and go it's very light. if you use a heavey bodied camera on it you probly will snap it (it wobbes when i but my elan on it)

Similar Products Used: sliks, ambico, bogen
mskracken   Intermediate [Nov 09, 2003]
Strength:

it is strong, and it doesn't wobble, plus the built in level is very useful

the swinging platform, as well as the metal dents very easily

i bought the tripod because i thought it was a good deal, but i was mistaken. the tripod pivots and it swings from a 0 degree angle to a 90 degree angle, but when it is at 0, it is off by at least five degrees

Jeff Harband   Intermediate [Oct 17, 2002]

I have used my V-0554 tripod about 40 times over the year. It now does not lock the top in place so the camera pivots forward and backward. Teh plate that screws into the camera does not fit snugly under the camera so the camera wobbles while on the tripod. I am very disappointed with my tripod and would like to know if it is under warranty, (I can not find my paperwork on it) and where I can get it repaired. Someone, please help!

ASaraf   Expert [Apr 27, 2002]

Sucks , Handles like a toy ....Small clips thold the $%^#&* thing together ...Spend some more guys and get a decent Tripod this is a joke of a Tripod