Slik U6000 Photo/Video Tripod Tripods

USER REVIEWS

[Jul 28, 2016]
Kylie Alfaro
Intermediate

Strength:

1. Strong Base
2. Easy to use
3. Lightweight

No weaknesses I have spotted so far and I have had this tripod for many years.

The U6000 tripod is very lightweight and sturdy tripod. Some of the pieces seemed to have been made poorly but overall the tripod is holding up great. I don't do a lot of traveling with it, so if you looking into traveling with this tripod make sure to be careful with it. When I use the tripod I either a) use my Canon T3i or my Gopro hero 3. The tripod keeps both steady and they are never fallen off.

[May 29, 2006]
Charles Roland
Intermediate

Strength:

Well designed legs - light weight and easy to open and close

cheap and poorly designed camera mount made from flimsy plastic which snaped while still new.

Waste of money! Tripod mount cracked off within the first month of ownership. The legs/body of the tripod seem to be designed will and are very light weight, but the mount is made of a cheap plastic that cracked and could not be fixed or glued. Very disappointing for me as I do not have extra money for a replacement at this time.

N/A
Will the manufacturer repair this product free without any paperwork or receipts?

Vivo Tripods

[Sep 10, 2003]
vwspeedracer
Casual

Strength:

Quick release legs and head are nice. It's also good and light.

My wife bumped it off the bed (2 feet) and it landed on the head, cracking the Y-axis joint. It's not all that stable, but it wasn't all that expensive either. TANSTAAFL.

I bought this tripod to learn with and carry around. It was the best piece I could afford at the time.

I emailed the US distributor about pricing new head - they said they were out of stock and to try again next month. They declined to actually quote me a price. Probably cheaper to replace it anyhow.

[Aug 14, 2002]
Bowmah
Intermediate

Strength:

- easy to use - light, easy to carry - low cost - quick release

- flimsy - flimsy - flimsy

Wow, lots of negative reviews on this one. In anycase, here is my take. I have the U6600, probably the same as U6000. Don't buy this if ou want a solid tripod. For my purposes, I use this tripod most fo the time for family get togethers and it works great. It is low cost and easy to carry. When using this tripod with a 300mm lens, I see some movement through the lens when I pull on the cable release too hard. I also notice some movement when the shutter trips on timer shots. Have not notice blurriness in the prints though. To summarize, this is a low cost tripod. It hae served me well. Don't buy the U6600 if you want to do lots of macro photography or long focal length shots. It is not intended for this use. For my purposes, it has served me well.

[Sep 15, 2001]
BplusW
Intermediate

Strength:

Price, light weight, easy setup.

Flimsy, adjusters feel like a toy!

I have the U6600 as opposed to just a U6000... maybe a difference? Anyhow, for under 30 bucks it has been decent. It has not broken on me like the other reviews describe, but is somewhat flimsy. OK as long as I don''t use a telephoto. The positive is it is light to carry around and quick to set-up. I am only a light user of tripods, though.

Never used.

None.

[Sep 15, 2001]
chris
Casual

Strength:

light

The handle snapped off and the pan head cracked while tightening it. VERY cheap build. Useless with a heavy camera.

I required a tripod quick and picked this one up on visual inspection. Big mistake! I should have read the reviews here because I experienced some of the same problems written in other reviews. Fifty bucks lost and lesson learned.

Customer service was with the merchant who sold it. I brought it back after the handle snapped off, and they accepted to fix it. Four weeks later, they had it fixed but surprised me with a SFr 25 ch

[Jul 21, 2000]
Jeffrey C
Intermediate

Strength:

cheap
lightweight

everything

This is not a real tripod. Everything about it wiggles and comes loose- I'm fairly sure that having no tripod is better than using this tipsy pod. I got it free with something- I forget what...camcorder? It is however very lightweight- you probably need to weight it down with a book or rock on a string, but then the head clamp is wiggly. Terrible, I don't consider it an accessory for any type of meaningful work. New, it is loose, used, it gets looser.

[Jul 20, 2000]
Oscar van der Velde
Intermediate

Strength:

it's light

not really stable
legs slip on wet smooth surface (like a balcony)

Now that I have a tele lens, I see how terrible unstable this thing is. Just a little wind makes it shake. But it should be usable for camcorders. For photography, I am going to buy a REAL tripod soon. (Type of photography I do: weather/lightning, nighttime and macro)

a Luxon, even worse

[Jul 07, 2000]
JEFF JOHNSON
Model Reviewed: U6000 Photo/Video Tripod

Strength:

CHEAP

CHEAP

VERY POORLY MADE. WILL NOT HANDLE MUCH WEIGHT. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

[Jun 30, 2000]
river78984
Model Reviewed: U6000 Photo/Video Tripod

Strength:

Light.

extremely FRAGILE!!

This tripod is made from very cheap plastic.
The tightener handlebar cracked after I applied
minimun presure. Very poorly build.