Vivitar ViviCam X024 8 to 10 Megapixel

Vivitar ViviCam X024 8 to 10 Megapixel

Take pleasure in using this sleek, elegant, and feature rich camera. With its impressive 10.1 megapixel resolution, as well as anti-shake and red eye reduction tools, you’ll be astonished at just how easy it is taking crisp and smooth photos. Features a 2.4" Screen, 8X Digital Zoom, Face and Smile Detection, Red Eye Reduction, and Anti-Shake.

USER REVIEWS

[Apr 15, 2017]
George F. Spica
Intermediate

Strength:

Cheap and small.

What a disappointment. I was hoping for a small camera to carry all the time, rather then my bulky Canon. This ain't it. The "Anti-Shake" is a joke. I did get a couple clear shots, but I had to take a lot to achieve that. Worse is the way it gobbles up batteries. 15 minutes and they were dead. Vivitar should give my money back.

Don't buy.

[Apr 23, 2013]
Dee
Intermediate

Strength:

None.

Every picture I take comes out blurry.

I thought it was just me until I read these other reviews. No matter what I do, I've tried every setting and the pictures still look blurry. Picture quality is extremely poor for this camera. I've taken better pictures with my phone.

[Jun 30, 2012]
ROBIN HENRY
Casual

Strength:

NONE

BLURRY!! EVEN WHEN YOU ARE HOLDING STILL, EVERYTHING IS BLURRY. FORGET TAKING PICTURES OF PETS, KIDS, ANIMALS, WELL,. BASICALLY ANYTHING THAT MOVES.

THIS IS THE WORST CAMERA! I GOT IT AS A GIFT BECAUSE MY KODAK EASY SHARE BROKE AND NEEDED A CAMERA IN A HURRY. NO CAMERA WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER DEAL. MY FIRST FILM CAMERA WAS A VIVITAR THAT I HAVE STILL AND I LOVED IT. NO MORE VIVITARS FOR ME

[Apr 24, 2012]
shutterbug
Intermediate

Strength:

It was cheap enough for someone to buy it as a gift

Photos: Blurry
Videos: Blurry
What else is there to say

13 yr old daughter got this "paperweight" as a Christmas gift from her aunt. It never took good pics. Always blurry, video blurry. I had done photograph for college publications and tried my hand at it and I got the same useless pics. Absolutely disappointment for my daughter. Finally bought her a Nikon Coolpix S4300 for her birthday this month. Based on the price mentioned above (about $70) it was well worth spending about $35 more for a quality camera. Now she is ecstatic with her new Coolpix and those photos are focused, if not amazing. Yes it's 14 MP but my 5 MP camera took better pics than the Vivitar 10 MP.
Don't disappoint a loved one by purchasing this camera. But if you want a good "paperweight" for yourself, as one photo repair shop mentioned, then this Vivitar is for you. Sad to see them put out such a poor quality product.

[Mar 10, 2011]
Mama C
Intermediate

Strength:

lightweight, nice model color (her favorite--teal)

poor quality, sucks battery life very quickly, picture quality was lousy

I bought this camera for my daughter's 11th birthday. She used it for 6 weeks and then it stopped functioning. The display panel got garbled and made the camera useless! Before that, the picture quality, while appearing good on the display, was inferior upon upload. The pictures are terrible, blurry, washed out with flash, off color and just lousy! I was expecting a lot more for 10.1 MP and a regular retail price of $69.99. Don't even think about buying this camera!

I bought the buyer protection plan from Toys r Us--what a joke! They are going to send me a gift card for the price I paid. Expensive lesson!

Canon digital camera, Kodak digital camera

[Jan 14, 2011]
Yukinoritter
Casual

Strength:

Leight weight. Nice color.

Picture quality (worst ive seen)
No sound in videos (veyr little use for that feature w/o the sound)
Very hard to navigate.

I recieved this camera as a gift for a christmas. Im still in school, so the point of this camera was to take pictures of my friends and me during our final year together. Unfortunately, I cant do that with this camera. The picture quality is horrible. Its no longer fun to take a picture a 10th time because the first 9 times didnt come out well, even when the camera was sitting flat. Also, it was very hard to navigate, the controls were very messy/confusing.
I also planned to use this camera for taking videos, but without the ability to record sound, theres really no point. A useless feature...
Do not buy this camera and do not be tempted to purchase it for its low price. It was originally 130.00 dollars, but I got it for 40.00....hmmm, I wonder why?....Biggest waste of 40.00 dollars

I have not tried to contact them. I would feel too bad for the person who works for vivitar and has to listen to me complain about a product they did not make.

None

[Dec 25, 2010]
J. Roberts
Expert

Strength:

NONE

Everything

This is absolutely the WORSE excuse for a digital camera I have ever witnessed. AWFUL is the only word I can use to describe thid camera. Don"t buy!!!!!!

none

Sony Digital Cameras

[Dec 25, 2010]
anonymous
Intermediate

Strength:

none

everything

Purchased this for my12 year old son for Christmas as a general use camera. I didn't expect anything fancy...just something basic to allow him to take fun photos. This camera is worse than worse...every shot is reddish and blurry. What a disappointing gift this was to give. This was far worse than the initial 2 Megapixel camera we initially purchased back when digital cameras were first on the market. Don't buy. If I could rate it less than a 1, I would.

Didn't bother.

Previous owner of numerous and various brands of digital cameras...anywhere from basic to professional grade.

[Dec 03, 2010]
Shan
Beginner

Strength:

Compact size. Has a good size viewing screen on the back.

Every photo is blurry. Can't get a steady pic even when I set the camera on a solid surface. Sucks the life out of the batteries after about 20 photos. Camera shuts itself off after every photo. Cover on battery compartment is difficult to open and the hinge appears to be flimsy. Doesn't come with printed directions, and the instructions on-line are pretty cryptic. Doesn't come with a camera bag.

This camera is worthless.

I didn't even try. I don't think I could contain myself from venting and being very unprofessional.

[Oct 08, 2010]
option1
Intermediate

Strength:

None whatsoever

No optical zoom
Doesn't record sound
Bad picture quality
Bad video quality
Batteries don't last a lot
Bad built quality

Worst camera ever! The picture quality is rubbish, the HD video quality is the worst and it doesn't even record any sound.
THERE IS NO OPTICAL ZOOM!!
The camera also doesn't even show you the picture after you take it and the flash turns off after every shot.
Oh and it broke after 1 month.

Didn't contact but I wouldn't be to hopeful

Thank god no!