Pentax IQ Zoom EZY-R Point and Shoot

Pentax IQ Zoom EZY-R Point and Shoot

Slim and trim, the Pentax IQZoom EZY-R fits naturally in your hand and slips readily into your pocket. Yet, it packs an abundance of handy features within. Best of all, this stylish and intelligent camera makes shooting a breeze, even when you zoom in on far away subjects.

USER REVIEWS

[Jan 07, 2021]
speedmaster1

Strength:

amazing camera, fast autofocus and crisp photos and beautiful colors from a point and shoot

vignettes a little bit at the telephoto end.

Price Paid:
70.00
Purchased:
Used
[Aug 06, 2003]
Efrain Luna
Intermediate

Strength:

price looks functions

not reliable

I bought the camera because it was withing the price range I was looking for, but I am disappointed because I have taken only about 5 rolls of film and the camera doesn't work anymore, despite being careful enough with it. I cannot recommend this product.

Cannon Kodak

[Dec 10, 2002]
Claire
Casual

Strength:

Cheap. Occasional good photos.

Bulky, poor focus, poor flash, grainy photos.

I was really disappointed with this camera. I did a lot of research on P&S and thought I had found a real deal. However, I have used it quite a bit, and I have yet to be very satisfied with the quality of the pictures. Granted, there are sometimes 2 out of a roll of 24 that look nice, but in general the pictures are grainy, out of focus, or dark. While I do not consider myself a exceedingly gifted photographer, I have missed a lot of very nice shots because of the poor focus of this camera, even though I have experiemented using it in various ways. I would not reccomend it.

Olympus Cannon SureShot

[Jul 05, 2002]
davehoshaw
Expert

Strength:

Easy controls. Durable. Inexpensive.

Red eye reduction is non-existent. View finder doesn't show what you get. A little more bulky than some competitors.

I bought this camera for the wife to keep in the diaper bag for kids pic's, etc. I wanted inexpensive so that if it was lost/stolen/damaged I wouldn't care. I went with the Pentax because I had good luck in the past with the Pentax ME SLR's as a compact easy to use camera, and some good reviews. The IQ has been disappointing. As a semi-pro photographer, who has been taking pictures since I was old enough to walk, I admit I am picky about photo quality. This camera can take a good picture but has a few major faults. The flash is either inadequate at across the room distances or washes out color when close up. Also, it is almost impossible to take a picture of people or pets without getting red-eye (with red-eye reduction on or off). I have tried all different brands/speeds of film, camera settings to no avail. The viewfinder doesn't give an accurate (intuitive)view of what is going to be in the picture. After shooting dozens of rolls through this camera I am always second guessing how the shot will be framed up. It seems like something always gets left out or someone's head is cut off! On the positive side, it is durable. It has taken a lot of abuse and neglect, and continues to work, the same as the day it came out of the box. I borrowed a Rollei point & shoot (admittedly a more expensive camera) to do a side-by-side comparison. I wanted to see if all point & shoots were the same. The pictures from the Rollei were as good as if taken with my professional grade SLR's. Overall, I wish I had my money back to spend on another camera.

No experience.

Rollei, Nikon point & shoots.

[Apr 03, 2002]
whargis
Intermediate

Strength:

Easy to use. Cheap to buy. Takes great pictures.

It''s kind of large and clunky compared to what else is available.

It is hard to beat this camera for the money. I am always surprised at how good the pictures are that this thing produces. I have several other cameras and this one consistently produces some of the better pictures of the bunch. This is a great little camera, has to be a fantastic camera to earn a 5.

Olympus Epic Zoom 80 Pentax 928M Nikon Lite Touch 70 Leica C1

[Aug 18, 2000]
V Vadakan
Intermediate

Strength:

Surprisingly sharp pictures (when the focus is correct!) and just the right number of features for a beginner-intermediate photography. Nice zoom range.

After using this camera A LOT (and I mean A LOT!) all the camera's electricals simply stopped working. I took it in to be repaired and was told by a puzzled repairperson that it wouldn't be worthwhile to fix. I really loved the camera, but I guess it just can't take so much use. Also, as with so many point-and-shoots, focus was sometimes a little unpredicatable

For a point-and-shoot, this camera offers a pretty consistently good picture, but it's probably best for casual use only.

[Jul 24, 2000]
Matthew Bailey
Casual

Strength:

Durability for the money can't be beat. As a camera to take with me on short hikes this can't be beat, it holds up getting bounced around and the picture quality is fairly good.

Focus is not as fast as I would like it.

For the money this is a great point and shoot. I do wish the focus was a little faster, and that the red-eye reduction worked a little better, but oveall it is excellent for the money spent, $85.00. If you want a solid little camera that can get the job done without too many bells and whistles, I would reccommend this camera.

Haven't had to use it.

Minolta point and shoot.

[Jul 21, 2000]
Jeffrey C
Intermediate

Strength:

Sharp, cheap, simple

not cute
snout

I have the older one which is bigger and greyer. The lens is better than average sharpness, but does flare easily. This is a good simple camera that can take a fair amount of beating (in my case, in my backpack with no case). The camera has a strong and fast motor- more sturdiness. This new one is much smaller, but still has a little snout which is not pocketable. Despite the fact that nothing really stands out, it is a reliable picture taker with decent glass optics.

[Jun 08, 2000]
Chris Hrudka
Model Reviewed: IQ Zoom EZY-R

Strength:

This camera takes great pictures, and is completly point and shoot for those of us who know little about taking pictures.

I dropped the camera 2 years ago and the case popped open a little, but not only was the film not ruined, the camera still works great!!!

With the red eye reduction, zoom, and auto focus this camera is its own photographer! Truly a PHD camera (push here dummy) for those who want great pictures without having to take photography classes!

[Jun 05, 2000]
Steve
Model Reviewed: IQ Zoom EZY-R

Strength:

Great cost point. $99.99 at Best Buy.
Easy to use and more features than competition.

None noticed.

I bought this for my mother-in-law and I like its ease of use better than my $250 Rollei Micron. However, the lens is a bit slower.

Left a voicemail. No call after 48 hours.

Rollei Prego Micron